Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Starter will not engage Flywheel!

10K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  KyngWrench 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a 2000 Honda Accord Sedan, with a 2005 J35A1 Swap.....

The automatic trans is the Accord 3.0L stock.....

The issue I am having is that my starter will not engage the flywheel, I have replaced all ground wires and all power wires with no issue and the starter is getting full power and spins perfect but the bendix is not being push out to engage with the flywheel, this is the 3rd starter I have put on this car in a matter of 24hrs and I cannot seem to fix the issue.... After I replaced the original with a new one, it worked perfect for about a day then left me stranded at the not so local store. I am at my wits end and do not understand what the issue could be.... I have had all starters tested before being replaced and they all show passed test, but when place properly back into the vehicle, all it does is "free spin" and does not push out to the wheel.... please help!:bash

#2 ·
Ok so after all the help I got I decided to check everything possible and my issue is in fact: the flex plate does not fit the flywheel, the builder welded the plate in place and it seems to broke all the welds and now the flex is spinning without the flywheel, or visa versa....

So I am now asking for bolt patterns for the J35A1 flywheel/flex plate as well as the pattern for a 2000 Honda Accord 3.0L flywheel/flex plate?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.