Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Stupid Power Steering Question

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jae8908 
#1 ·
Okay... I know before I ask this question that I'm gonna make myself look like an idiot, but what the hell?!

So, I've got a 94 VTEC Accord with a leaky power steering pump. I'm gonna try to find a used one to put on it. Been looking online and I've seen people advertising pumps that are b-series, d-series, h-series, etc...

Well, I don't exactly know what that means. I've looked online, but can't find any information. Does that mean the series of the engine or the series of the pump? What I'm getting at is that my Accord has an F22B1 engine... an f-series engine. Does that mean that I've got an f-series power steering pump as well?

I thank you in advance for making this a bit less muddy for me.

#2 ·
Legwork is what you need to do.

Cross refrence part numbers to see if pumps are the same across certian vehicles. This allows you to broaden your local search because most people think that a preludes power steering pump wont fit on an accord or civic ect.

I'll do this one for you, however the place to cross refrence parts easily is rockauto.com they sell competively priced parts, both remanufactured and new. theres also car-part.com which allows you to easily search for parts.

For a quick look it appears you need one for 94-97 accords, vtec or not. newer and older gen accords don't have the same part number. Nor do any of the preludes I looked through.

You need a power steering pump off a 94-97 accord. 4 cyln A V6 uses a different pump, and will not work

#4 ·
Just get one off Ebay from a 94-97 Accord 4cyl only.

Luckily, my friend asked me if I need anything off of his 97 Accord that his bro totaled. So I told him to remove the pwr str pump for me; since, mine leaked pretty bad that it would seep all over my engine block. Now my new pwr str pump looks like new with new o-rings, return hoses, and clamps from Honda.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.