Ticketed for my factory alarm! How do I disable it? - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2002, 09:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts
just press the unlock button to disable the alarm! :
thats if its a stock ex security system

ima have to try jacking up the car to see if the alarm goes off

i never knew they could give u a ticket for that, its bs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2002, 11:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
munkeysoup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RDX
actually
there is a tilt or shock sensor for the factory alarm I think...
I had once wash my car with my alarm on.......I was playing with my Wind shield wiper, when I snap back on.......the alarm went off.
thats funny since i could kick the shit out of my car and my alarm wouldnt go off. maybe a diff between the canadian and US models?

Stuff For Sale!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-19-2002, 03:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!
the USDM honda accord facotry alarm do not come with a shock sensor. you can break the windows, kick it, scratch it, let tank drive by...it will not go off unless you open the door.
are you sure you didnt accidently hit the panic button.
what school you go to anyways?
i think they gave you a ticket for the annoyance. the horn alarm is really annoying.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: '01 EX AV6
Mods: See my signature
Hunsvotti is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by -=HIREN=-
just press the unlock button to disable the alarm! :
thats if its a stock ex security system

ima have to try jacking up the car to see if the alarm goes off

i never knew they could give u a ticket for that, its bs
I'd rather not leave the car unlocked and walk away for a long period of time... :

'01 V6 Accord Sedan, Satin Silver Metallic
Now: Denso IK16s, K&N air filter, metallic blue engine covers
Upcoming: Unorthodox Racing pulleys, Comptech sway bars, ice box, headers, and exhaust; and their supercharger too, if anyone reputable starts offering a V6 Accord valve body recalibration!
Rice Violation Citation Generator
Old 03-19-2002, 04:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
SH Silver

Quote:
Originally posted by divinewisdom
the USDM honda accord facotry alarm do not come with a shock sensor. you can break the windows, kick it, scratch it, let tank drive by...it will not go off unless you open the door.
are you sure you didnt accidently hit the panic button.
what school you go to anyways?
i think they gave you a ticket for the annoyance. the horn alarm is really annoying.
The ticket was marked with a time at which I was nowhere near the car. The panic button doesn't work from 500 feet away.

I go to the University on Colorado.

Upcoming: Unorthodox Racing pulleys, Comptech sway bars, ice box, headers, and exhaust; and their supercharger too, if anyone reputable starts offering a V6 Accord valve body recalibration!
Old 03-19-2002, 04:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts-=HIREN=- is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hunsvotti

I'd rather not leave the car unlocked and walk away for a long period of time... :
i thought u were near the car when the alarm went off
if u were u could turn it off by just pressing the unlock button then arm ur car afterwards
dont leave it unlocked!
Old 03-19-2002, 04:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 1994 Civic EX
Mods:
RunninSOHC is on a distinguished road
FACTORY Alarm

That's why my factory alarm has a shock sensor and it goes off if a loud exaust goes by. My alarm is completely stock, too. It espicially goes off if you kick the wheel.
To disable Valet Mode hit 1,2,2,1 and it will disable the alarm and valet and will the remote will work the silent mode- keyless entry.
That's my 1994 CIVIC EX w/ a stock alarm that everybody hates
Old 03-19-2002, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!
Quote:
Originally posted by Hunsvotti

The ticket was marked with a time at which I was nowhere near the car. The panic button doesn't work from 500 feet away.

I go to the University on Colorado.
here i'll tell you how to get out of it. the university parking services and police are different. what you can do is appeal the ticket at the parking services dept at your school. 95% if the time the student who is doing your paper work will wave your ticket.
it works at my school. csulb.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: Mad Technician
Mods: 2000 Taffeta White V6 Sedan
V6 i VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Does it or doesn't it?

OK, some say it does some say it don't. Does the Honda Accord come with a factory shock sensor or is it an upgradeable option??? The left front fender got crushed on my car about a year ago in a parking lot outside of a club, and then the left rear quarter got dented about 4 months ago while outside of a club again : . If I had a shock sensor I could have at least known who's ass to kick when this happen.

Optioned out with Honda Accessories.
OEM Spoiler
OEM Fog Lights
OEM Chrome Kit - Including 16" Wheels, Hood and Trunk Trim, and Exhaust Finishers.
'01 6 Disc In-Dash CD Changer
30% Tint
Denso Iridium IK16's
Old 03-19-2002, 07:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
t-rd is an unknown quantity at this point
- The factory alarm does not come with a shock sensor.
- The shock sensor option can be put in. There is instruction on www.acura-cl.com regarding this.
- To totally and completely disable the alarm, think like a thief. It's rather simple. Pop your hood and disconnect the power plug to your horn!!
Old 03-20-2002, 06:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: SA
Mods: [img]http://www.impul.co.jp/products/complete/F50_CIMA/f55_f.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.blitz.co.jp/ucf30.gif[/img]
ID10T is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: FACTORY Alarm

Quote:
Originally posted by RunninSOHC
That's why my factory alarm has a shock sensor and it goes off if a loud exaust goes by. My alarm is completely stock, too. It espicially goes off if you kick the wheel.
To disable Valet Mode hit 1,2,2,1 and it will disable the alarm and valet and will the remote will work the silent mode- keyless entry.
That's my 1994 CIVIC EX w/ a stock alarm that everybody hates
i have never seen this model car have a factory remote with buttons labelled 1 or 2. if anything, it has lock, unlock, maybe trunk, panic. does the remote say honda on it?
Old 03-20-2002, 07:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
SH Silver

Here's the fix...

OK... according to the "brochure" that comes with the alarm, which is actually just a two-sided glossy piece of paper, the system does have an electronic shock sensor, but only on the "upgrade." I don't know whether mine is "upgraded" or not. However, I do recall that one time I was cleaning my windshield wipers, and I let them drop back to the windshield, and the alarm went off.

Anyway, I popped the hood to see if I could disable the horn. I traced the wires back to the fuse box in the back of the engine bay on the passenger side, and sure enough, the third relay in from the left operates the horn.

I pulled it straight out of the socket and hit the panic button. Click, click, click, click... the turn signals flashed, but no horn!

It would be nice if the manual mentioned the relays along with the fuses... :

Old 03-20-2002, 11:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX-V6 Sedan
Mods:
MaDDaWg1018 is an unknown quantity at this point
what the hell?!?! they ticket u for a damn stock alarm??? that sounds so gay. whats the point in having an alarm if it doesnt go off when it needs to?!?! like everyone said, its a damn factory alarm, not some illegal ear piercing shit imported from china. but b/c its a factory alarm, i dont think they can do much about it. heh, i agree w/ everyone else...take it to court.

Current Mods: (goin back to bone stock!)
- AEM Short Ram (gone)
- GReddy MX Dual Exhaust (sold)
- Generation 2 Carbon Fiber Altezzas
- Two 10" 1020W Infiniti Subwoofers
- Performance Teknique 800W Amp
Old 03-20-2002, 11:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2003 Accord EX V6
Mods:
Greddy_v6 is an unknown quantity at this point
the stock alarm doesn't have a shock sensor??? are you sure?? cuz one time, the windows were left open and i set the system. and my bro just dropped some of his bookbag into the back seat and it went off. then another time, the alarm goes off. i went to check the car and there's this big piece of bird shyt that wasn't there went i parked the car.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
u guys that claim to have shock sensors
do u have lx accords with the opt alarm or
ex accords with the standard equipment alarm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement