What KIND of GAS do you use in your accord. - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
misterciv is an unknown quantity at this point
What KIND of GAS do you use in your accord.

Well with gas prices now, i fill up my 03 accord i4 with Chevron reg 87 gas?

Anyone else put regular gas in their accords? Is it bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2003, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
Re: What KIND of GAS do you use in your accord.

Quote:
Originally posted by misterciv
Well with gas prices now, i fill up my 03 accord i4 with Chevron reg 87 gas?

Anyone else put regular gas in their accords? Is it bad?
you're supposed to put regular gas in an accord. do a search and you'll find that you'll lose performance using higher octane gas. even for the v6 accords.

but i got an h22, so i'm running premium.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
93accordEX is an unknown quantity at this point
exactly everyone should be using 87 unless they have a reason not too, such as h22, nitrous, high compression, turbo etc.

prelude + parts for sale http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289512591
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2003, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: my names says it all
Mods: ^^^
accordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphere
I agree with them both 87 in the accord motor but then again i have an H22 so i need 91 (and hating it right now i just paid 2.29 a gallon)

Accordhybrid

www.fatfourcustoms.com for all of your 5th gen needs.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe
Mods: aem cai, dc sports header, a'pexi world sport catback, ngk plugs/wires, vis cf hood, amber lenses, ractive coils, tokico struts, konig 17's, nitto tires, mugen style front lip, hiper white bulbs.. .
accordtunerx is an unknown quantity at this point
higher gas prices...

probably the only downfall to having the h22a, huh?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Silver

accordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphereaccordhybrid In the rep troposphere
Yeah that is the only downfall to the H22 everything else is wonderful about it.

Accordhybrid

Old 02-26-2003, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 94 Honda Accord EX
Mods:
vtec94 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm a big fan of Costco gas. of course i put 89 grade.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Car: 1999 Accord EX V-6 Coupe
Mods:
DJ Scotty is an unknown quantity at this point
I always wondered about this....my dealer told me when I picked up my 99 EX V6 that if I use Premium gas, the Accord gets 205 horsepower instead of the 200...and there is a noticeable improvement in performance; is it really not so? I have only put premium in ONCE or twice; I usually use the regular 87. The regular is good enough, even for the V6?
Old 02-27-2003, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
Does Honda say that the H22 motor needs 91 gas? I haev that new 2.4L i4 with ivtec and vtc. And alot of ppl have told me not to put regular gas in an ivtec engine. hmm im confused

Should i stick to the 87? Thats what Honda says to do.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Silver

Yes Honda does recommend 91 for the H22 and i think any of the DOHC motors all require 91 or higher octane just read your book and it will tell you what the best gas for your car is but i'm almost sure that with the civics and accords with the DOHC will use 91

Accordhybrid

Old 02-27-2003, 05:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Mods:
boostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHO
ive been putting shell gasoline for 6 years.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 Honda Akkord LX
Mods:
projekakkord is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been using 91 octane gas for a while now on my 93 accord, why is that bad? skool me please

Reggienoble99: Man, I dont be wanting to race people, but they be askin for it. REV REV

Reggienoble99: F IT, vroo0000m!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 99 Accord
Mods:
hnda1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I always use the mid grade or plus unleaded. After reading this, maybe I'll start using regular and save a few cents.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by accordhybrid
Yes Honda does recommend 91 for the H22 and i think any of the DOHC motors all require 91 or higher octane just read your book and it will tell you what the best gas for your car is but i'm almost sure that with the civics and accords with the DOHC will use 91

Accordhybrid
The new 2.4L i4 in my accord has ivtec and is DOHC. But the honda book only reccommends 87 octane, and says high octane gas is un nescessary.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
Quote:
Originally posted by accordhybrid

Accordhybrid
that's incorrect...the h23 i think runs on regular as well as the ls and crv motors. high octane is required in high compression motors to prevent detonation. lower compression motors (ie ALL stock motor accords) only need the lower octanes unless you have some sort of FI installed.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement