Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

What would you call this and where could I easily get one for my 1994 Honda Accord?

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  turner91cb7 
#1 ·
imgur: the simple image sharer
I'm really new to self-help in cars and my first issue is this: Upon acceleration, there's a rattling noise coming from under the hood. My assumption and what I got from a single mechanic visit is that my car is missing these 2 mounts (which is true) and that as I accelerate, sometimes, the engine vibrates fast enough to the point that the object (me not knowing what this thing is called is making it even harder to research) rattles and makes noises. However, I'm told that this isn't a BIG deal because it's being held in place by the latch-like bracket in between where the two mounts should be, but I still want to get rid of the rattling noise. If anybody can help, that'd be fantastic. What's the object called that is rattling (what should be mounted) and where/how can I get these two mounts? Thanks, any information should help!

[edit: The object is the radiator, I'm just an idiot. Still don't know where to get the mounts though]

#6 ·
Hey, thanks a lot. I'm wondering now if those Mishimoto radiator stays, opinion-wise by you all, is better than a pair of OEM radiator brackets. The OEM brackets are held in by an extra bolt, but a bit heavier. Is that worth going for or does it probably not matter and if anything the aesthetic value of the new Mishimoto stay outweighs? There's also fit involved too I guess despite the internet saying that it SHOULD be compatible, the OEM is 100% definitely compatible versus... "eeeeeh... maybe"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.