wheel stud replacement - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
mrhondadude is an unknown quantity at this point
wheel stud replacement

by anychance, would you there be any step by step instructions on how to replace a wheel stud, one of my studs snaped in half while taking off a lugnut off my car , and now i bought the stud and nut, inquired on how much to install it and found it would take $$139$$ jus to install it :eek , it would be very much appreciated if i could find some step by step instructions or maybe get some ideas on getting started
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 96 Accord LX
Mods:
joeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whore
what year and model accord you have?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
1998 Accord Lx
Old 07-08-2005, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
teawins21 is a jewel in the roughteawins21 is a jewel in the roughteawins21 is a jewel in the roughteawins21 is a jewel in the rough
haha heres the trick and for future reference..
if you cannot get your lug not off, do not force it off.

take your car to the tire shop where you got your tires and ask if they will loosen the nut for you... if they break it.. they pay for it.

thats what i did

good luck on fixing it though..

and sorry for the lack of help..
Old 07-09-2005, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Mods:
joeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whorejoeyl is a rep whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhondadude
1998 Accord Lx
I know on 5th gen it is a pain in the ass you can rotate the hub until you can see the back of the stud after you remove the caliper bracket, you can then use a c-clamp to push it out. I read that on the internet but I already had the hub assembly out so I just bang it out
Old 07-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 95 eg6 3d
Mods:
Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!
a broke a lug stud before..that sucked because honda thought it'd be a great idea to make the front rotor a press on rotor on the cd5 ex....cost me $119
Old 07-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosei_Passion
a broke a lug stud before..that sucked because honda thought it'd be a great idea to make the front rotor a press on rotor on the cd5 ex....cost me $119
yeah I can't stand the rotor behind hub design either, but... the good thing is that the rotors do not rattle around like my wife's altima, they just rattle the whole car when they are warped
Old 07-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
ive tried searching for some exploded pictures of the rotor assembly, but was not able to fine some, perhaps any of you guyz might have an exploded picture of the rotor assembly, i could go from there and work my way to getting the stud in, i would really love to avoid paying $139$ jus to install one stud
Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 95 eg6 3d
Mods:
Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!Tadashi_Photo Um, 1 million? Damn!
i think mine are warped -_-
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
accord922 is on a distinguished road
Guess I'm resurecting an old post, but same question, same problem. Car- 1992 Accord Coupe LX. Found out I was cranking the chit out of the lug nuts on tire rotations (found the nuts stripping, fortunately not the studs) but got lucky and broke a stud off (front right.) Never knew what to crank them down to, now know, 80 ft/lbs. Anyway...

Ok, so done some research, got the parts, ready to give this a first time try. I can lift the car, got the stud, got the new nut, 'get' removing the wheel, caliper, disc, grinding off a corner of the new stud to help it fit with the hub connected, can freeze the stud. But, what about the broken stud and pushing it out? If I need to grind down a side of the new stud to fit 'in' w/out removing the hub, how does the old broken one get backed out w/out harming anything? -ac922
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1994 Honda Accord Ex
Mods: 204whp/157wtq
nusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapynusdogg needs rep therapy
Use a pin punch and a hammer to get the old one out.

204whp/157wtq
Old 11-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
accord922 is on a distinguished road
hey nus, thanks for the reply. i'm ok on ways to back it out, but if the new one (and this is my first time) needs a side grinded down so you don't need to remove the hub to get it in, what about the back of the old stud coming out? That won't have a side grinded down, so it won't clear when i knock it out, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement