modified exhaust ticket, illegal intake - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > Law Enforcement & Criminal Justice

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 95 del sol si
Mods: CAI
fiftysexy56 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
modified exhaust ticket, illegal intake

hey guys last nite while driving home i got pulled over by a motorcycle cops and he gave me a ticket for my exhaust and illegal intake cvc 27151(a) & cvc 27156(b) now i was wondering what do i do next? replace it with my stock intake then it told me i had to get it tested by a state ref. and they assigned me a court date do i still have to go to court if my car passes? and its just the muffler that is modified i hurd that you can get it sound tested and if it passes i get a certificate does that mean in the future a cop can never ticket me for my exhaust? O i live in the Pasadena,CA area.... just wana know my options and how much this was gana cost me.... my first tickets ever... and would it raise my insurance?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35S and 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport
Mods: Taillight Overlays and Magnaflow Exhaust
NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?
umm if they got you for modified exhaust you will need to get it sound test but the intake will result in you getting a emission test from the ref. so you will have to get them both fixed. yea you can keep a copy of the certificate but if you change the part back after getting it passed the certificate will show the type of exhaust and intake.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

o so either way if i pass the noise test and its under 95 db i still have to change it bak to my stock exhaust?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftysexy56
o so either way if i pass the noise test and its under 95 db i still have to change it bak to my stock exhaust?

no if your modified exhaust is under the requirements then its ok.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

if its an infraction wud my insurance still rise? and how much do i have to pay if my exhaust passes?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
Mods:
Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?Shiba-Kun you're still here?
Moving.

http://www.fullclipusa.com/store/

SHO Premium Member #1.

Shiba's YouTube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/shibakun?feature=mhum
Old 08-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 95 S14, 01 IS300
Mods:
mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?mad-ass you're still here?
Quote:
if its an infraction wud my insurance still rise? and how much do i have to pay if my exhaust passes?
call your insurance to find that out dude.

My S13/S14 Build Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
why would a modification ticket be an infraction? once its all passed the ticket is 10 bucks.

i think its gay cus if it passes then its legal...why do you need to pay 10 bucks?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1998 Nissan 240sx SE
Mods: All stock, for now. Hooked up the stereo though.
SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted
but if you change the part back after getting it passed the certificate will show the type of exhaust and intake.
You think the average joe schmoe police officer would know the difference between an Apexi WS2 (for example) that passed, versus a Greddy Evo, that wouldnt pass? (im just using company names as an example).

Do you think the average cop would know the difference between an aftermarket exhaust represented on the certificate, versus any other exhaust? I would think he could just pass it on one aftermarket exhaust, and then switch to the exhaust of his choice, banking on the fact that the officer that pulled him over wouldnt know the difference.

Sorry if that was hard to understand.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfallsalot243
You think the average joe schmoe police officer would know the difference between an Apexi WS2 (for example) that passed, versus a Greddy Evo, that wouldnt pass? (im just using company names as an example).

Do you think the average cop would know the difference between an aftermarket exhaust represented on the certificate, versus any other exhaust? I would think he could just pass it on one aftermarket exhaust, and then switch to the exhaust of his choice, banking on the fact that the officer that pulled him over wouldnt know the difference.

Sorry if that was hard to understand.
if you lived in cali you would know. Cops can tell things such as MSD, AEM intakes, and exhausts systems especially if he lives down south or runs into a CHP officer.

Technically a muffler doesnt even affect smog. they are siting you for the sound. on the Certificate label it says the style muffler. So if you have a stock muffler at the time its passed they will state it. If not it will show up something like canister style or performance muffler.

Know what mean? either way they dont know exactly...so they will ticket you regardless The last time i got ticketed for exhaust i tried to say my shit isnt loud....and its legal. He told me lets see what the State Ref says.

But not all cops are dicks...i got pulled over a few months back and my AEM intake and DC header carb numbers saved my ass. I told him my muffler system and Header was a whole system so its all legal. I also told him my NOS black tape solenoid were emissions control solenoids

Old 08-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1995 Del Sol Vti (VTEC)
Mods: Carbon hood and wings, Sabelt race seats, K&N air filter, handmade inox muffler, more to come.
Phattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problemPhattonic has a Rep problem
Ok now let me tell you about how things work where I live.You can do a hell of different mods in your car and noone will say anything, not even at the official check we have every two years.Now, if your car looks ricey you got way too much possibilities of getting the cops stop you.Now, if the exhaust is loud there are usually 2 ways.Procedural, there have to be a team with a db meter so they can officially check your noise.In fact what they do usally cause a team like that is rare to encounter, they give you a ticket for the fake reason of broken or no muffler.Now, if you make an objection to the cop about the fake reason, then maybe you'll avoid the noise ticket but the cops will make your life difficult, call DEA and start checking for drugs, fire extinguisher, red triangle sign, medicine pack and all that stuff you should have and probably don't, plus they have you standing there for a couple of hours to turn your car upside down...You loose either way...
Old 08-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 93 Del Sol
Mods: Came with: ebay intake, catback exhaust racing seats. I put on currently: 15" "Drags" Black with polished lip wrapped in khumo tires, Hyper Amber Corner Lamps, Amber city lights
k0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep troposphere
geez.. thats rediculous how strict it is out there

I'd go nuts if i had to deal with that everyday

WTB: Del Sol Inner Fenders (Front)

Plans:

---License Plate Garnish
---Front Bumper Lip
---Rear Bumper Lip
---Trunk Lip (Maybe)
---New radio
---Body Work/paint
---GSR Swap/D16 Swap
Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1997 civic ex
Mods: i/h/e/ si tails/02 si wheels/high flow cat/type r headlights/mp3/wma player/
d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?
here in mi we get "fix it tickets" if you fix it, bfore you go down to police station they dismiss it.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d16y8alltheway
here in mi we get "fix it tickets" if you fix it, bfore you go down to police station they dismiss it.
they used to do that here but not anymore.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1997 civic ex
Mods: i/h/e/ si tails/02 si wheels/high flow cat/type r headlights/mp3/wma player/
d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NationsMostWanted
they used to do that here but not anymore.
well that sucks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement