Spoon - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > All Motor

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 97 DX 3dr civic
Mods: me in the drivers seat!!
Both Worlds is on a distinguished road
Spoon

Have anyone heard of the Spoon Block Blade. I want to know where I can get it. I know it helps with the vibration so that the car will be able to rev to 11,000 with detonating.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1993 civic dx
Mods: 93 hatch, 1.9 Ls/vtec
ek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sadek9wannabe is sad...just sad
WTF.......dentonation is caused by a little thing called advanced timing and a/f ratio NOT rpms
1993 civic dx NA k20

2000 civic ex on boost: sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

well I saw the vid on you tube they were saying something about the spark let me see if I can get it
Old 01-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl8T9KFgjWc

not detonate it is because the motor wouldn't function correctly because of vibration sorry about that sir
Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 1992 EG hatch
Mods: DDTECH Built and Tuned 2.1 Liter B20vtec. Daily driven race car.. how many shops do that?
9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?
spoon is garbage..and always will be a overrated piece of jdm material..
Old 01-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: something with wheels
Mods: whole lot of nothing
Snoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problem
for christs sake. just because it's spoon doesnt make it gods gift to the world. spoon and mugen are the most overrated companies ever.

why must you rev to 11k?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods: DDTECH Built and Tuned 2.1 Liter B20vtec. Daily driven race car.. how many shops do that?
9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?9400rpms you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy
for christs sake. just because it's spoon doesnt make it gods gift to the world. spoon and mugen are the most overrated companies ever.

why must you rev to 11k?
+1 for this mother fucker.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

never said spoon was the greatest!

wanted to know if you knew of the product thats all if there is another copy that makes it let me know
Old 01-28-2007, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: bb6
Mods: ac, tint, viper 5901 with remote start, avic bt120z with ipod adapter.
tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Both Worlds
never said spoon was the greatest!

wanted to know if you knew of the product thats all if there is another copy that makes it let me know

the message that they are tryin to convey to you, is that the object which you so desire wether original or replica, serves a certain function for the solution of a problem caused as a result of rev way past 9k which thus, is highly un neccessary for any street application honda. making your goal of acquring this piece of tunning tool somewhat of a waste of funds, for one.

h22a
370 injectors
aem fuel rail
fpr
aem wideband
crower stage II
hondata s300
lsd
skunk II IM
11-1 pistons
full tein adjustable coil overs
strut bar-rear-front
sway bars
im sure there is more...cant remember..
Old 01-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

I understand. but I just wanted to know if anyone heard of it or seen it on the market
Old 01-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Snoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problem
yes we've heard of it. that vid is a good 3+ years old.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 2000 gsr integra w/ jdm b18cR(stolen),90 crx(sold),89 ef hatch(sold) and now a 91 crx
Mods: jdm front end conversion, jdm b16a, custom je pistons, rods,spearco front mount intercooler, greddy blow off, tial wastegate, big ass snail, blox intake manifold, rc 650 injectors, throttle body, 3 inch magnaflow exhaust, exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, momo steering wheel w/ detachable hub, arp studs, apexi vafc, and much more
gsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapy
What is the deal in this thread? Spoon is far from garbage, They are a racing team also a high end parts manufactuer, there credability is there for a reason. Now if people think it is to expensive you dont make enough money, simple as that. Now can you buy a similar product for cheaper, of course you can but there is more technology in spoons products than lets say DC sports.
and yes reveing to 10k+ is streetable and it is the only way to increase hp in a N/A engine, and 10k is not that much further than my redline of 9k+. So if I can rev at 9 and smoke people 10k will do it even more dramaticly, cams would be needed for the total package.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsro11
What is the deal in this thread? Spoon is far from garbage, They are a racing team also a high end parts manufactuer, there credability is there for a reason. Now if people think it is to expensive you dont make enough money, simple as that. Now can you buy a similar product for cheaper, of course you can but there is more technology in spoons products than lets say DC sports.
and yes reveing to 10k+ is streetable and it is the only way to increase hp in a N/A engine, and 10k is not that much further than my redline of 9k+. So if I can rev at 9 and smoke people 10k will do it even more dramaticly, cams would be needed for the total package.
most of spoons stuff is reworked/balanced oem stuff. their engines are nothing more than balanced and blueprinted type r engines. they put out about the same power as stock gsr's.

they are overhyped because you can buy cams, headers, pistons, whatever cheaper and make more power than with spoon stuff.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Old 01-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: bb6
Mods: ac, tint, viper 5901 with remote start, avic bt120z with ipod adapter.
tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsro11

hm...a hytech header makes far more power than a spoon...and...dare i say it...a mugen header....a hytech costs 1k just bout...so does a mugen or spoon...hm....so its not the price...its the simple fact that it IS over rated...and reving 10k makes no sense, power isnt gained....its just maintained...u dont need a 10k revs on teh street...err..no...u dont...

so u cant use dc as you reference mark to prove your point....u gotta try someone like hytech, rmf, blacktrax, comptech, those pple are either the same price or cheaper and make more power with their parts than spoon.

shit, there are pple revin 10k with skunkII, so why get spoon..

h22a
370 injectors
aem fuel rail
fpr
aem wideband
crower stage II
hondata s300
lsd
skunk II IM
11-1 pistons
full tein adjustable coil overs
strut bar-rear-front
sway bars
im sure there is more...cant remember..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement