How much is this 1990 CRX Si really worth? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > CRX Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
morningwoodmatt is on a distinguished road
How much is this 1990 CRX Si really worth?

want to trade! or sell for cold hard cash! by this weekend
Is it worth $2000 USD?
It looks like it has good paint on it other than the hood.
I am trying to figure out how much I should pay, but I dont want to low ball the car. Thanks

want to trade! or sell for cold hard cash! by this weekend
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Oh and he is throwing on a set of steelies instead of the rims in the pictures
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1991 HONDA CR-X
Mods: WHEELS
bionichicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to the market......there are others out there which you can judge it's worth by.
My personal opinion.....run as fast as you can.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Why do you say run from this car?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
meh, its not bad, but not 2900.

Maybe 2 ish?

Personally, if you can find one that didnt have body or paint work done, thats your best bet. Then you know the previous owners never hid anything, and with Honda's being kinda suseptiable to body rot, thats something you should look for.

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods: Hopes and Dreams
MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?MrsTransparent you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQTGSR View Post
meh, its not bad, but not 2900.

Maybe 2 ish?

Personally, if you can find one that didnt have body or paint work done, thats your best bet. Then you know the previous owners never hid anything, and with Honda's being kinda suseptiable to body rot, thats something you should look for.
x2

The guy seems like a bit of a tool. But as long as the car is solid, I'd pay $2k for it.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
check up under the wheel wells in the rear, try and see if it looks like some fixed it up with bondo or if it is starting to rust under there

check under the floor boards for rust

pretty much if it runs good and you don't find any rust or bondo then ~2k would be alright

it he says anything about you offering 2k then throw anything you see wrong back at him, such as the leaky sunroof and the cracked windshield.

also check the operation of the sunroof and check around it for rust
Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
haha you can get a dc2 teg for 2900 bucks.

btw my boy is selling a fully swapped s14 240sx with sr20det in it for 3000K. comes with rims, mushimoto fan, koyo rad,and aftermarket rims. just needs a new windshield, speed sensor hook up, and rear fenders to be rolled. so 2900 for a damn crx on stock steelies is not deal at all.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Thanks for the tips guys; the guy did say he would sell for 2000, but I will check on the sunroof and rot/bondo on it.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 91 CRX SF
Mods: come on...like im really going to list anything :)
91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem
1500, thats the offer go no higher then 1900

NMU CAR CLUB-NMUCC.COM
Old 04-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rex-si View Post
1500, thats the offer go no higher then 1900
x109878970870987097098709
Old 04-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

here is a sexy one from one of our local meets
Old 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
^^ thats pretty nice lookin.

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 91 CRX SF
Mods: come on...like im really going to list anything :)
91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem91rex-si has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
here is a sexy one from one of our local meets
oh that fucker copied me and got my headlights.lol

NMU CAR CLUB-NMUCC.COM
Old 04-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 86 200sx
Mods: wide tires and many miles
drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
I'd pay good money for that one.

... like $2k, even. Maybe. Probably not. The CRX just isn't a very valuable car. I love 'em, but they're really not worth spending gobs of money on (to purchase or to work on alike).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement