the new honda CRZ - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > CRX Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Tevis_crx is an unknown quantity at this point
the new honda CRZ

well i saw a show on the tokyo auto show and i saw the honda crz which they said was based off the crx... i know they talked about bringing the crx back in 2008 for a while, but like everyone else i dont see it happening either. but the crz is a more likely possiblity.... and Honda`s president Takeo Fukui said it would most likely be a hybrid that willl blow the prius away in efficiency
if you wanna read up on it

ttp://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/tokyo/112_0710_2007_tokyo_motor_show_coverage/honda_cr-z_concept.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car: 91 CRX Si
Mods: JRSC high boost pulley 450 inj.
daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevis_crx View Post
well i saw a show on the tokyo auto show and i saw the honda crz which they said was based off the crx...
Oh snap!!! Is it based off the 91???

J/K
Boost Upgrade Pulley

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 90 honda crx dx
Mods:
stjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a lifestjohnscrx You need a life
maybe they based it off the insight which had simular body lines of the crx.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car: 91 CRX Si
Mods: JRSC high boost pulley 450 inj.
daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Will it already come with rusted 1/4s?? I dont know if they will make this thing but I doubt they will with the current line up of cars. Maybe Im wrong.
Boost Upgrade Pulley

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
Old 11-21-2007, 05:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: '90 CRX-Si, '02 S2000
Mods: No way is there room to list them all here...
The Real Rio is on a distinguished road
This is an all new concept, it really is not based off of anything we already have. It may be using some parts, pieces and technology, but it really deserves to be thought of as a whole new model.

Here are sizes from the CR-Z specs, and some comparisions to cars already being produced.
CR-Z
160.6" Length
70.1" Width
50.4" Height
98.4" Wheelbase

CRX Gen 2 specs • +/- of CR-Z
148.5" Length • +12.1"
65.9" Width • +4.2"
50.1" Height • -0.3
90.6" Wheelbase • +7.8"
So CR-Z longer, wider, has a longer wheelbase and a tad shorter than my '90 CRX, ain't nothing wrong with that!

S2000 • +/- of CR-Z
162.2" Length • +1.6"
68.9" Width • -1.2"
50.6" Height • +0.2"
94.5" Wheelbase • -3.9"
Wow, that's a decent amount wider, a bit shorter and the same height as the S2000, but look at that wheelbase, the CR-Z is a whopping 4" longer. Very interesting, this thing has the potential to handle really well for a "small" car. Ok, now I'm curious about the current Civic Si.

Civic 2-door • +/- of CR-Z
174.8" Length • +14.2"
68.9" Width • -1.2"
53.5" Height • +3.1"
104.3" Wheelbase • +5.9"

Civic Type R • +/- of CR-Z
178.7" Length • +18.1"
69.6" Width • -0.5"
56.3" Height • +5.9"
106.3 "Wheelbase • +7.9"

Interesting, the current Civic 2-door Si is really a decent amount bigger in most dimensions than the CR-Z, so I guess it really is in Honda's mind a small car.

What's really cool to me is the CR-Z's width. It's 1.2" wider than my S2000 and the Civic 2-door, and it's a huge 4.2" wider than my '90 CRX-Si.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

I'm not sure you want me to get started on this subject, I'm totally dedicated to this new concept, and have every intention of adding one to my fleet come 2009-2011.

Quote:
Honda 'CR-Z' Hybrid Car Focuses on Driving Performance
Oct 25, 2007 18:20
Keisuke Ogawa, Nikkei Automotive Technology PRINTER FRIENDLY FORMAT Digg This! del.icio.us

Honda expressed the CR-Z's sporty concept with the large radiator grill and sleek press lines on the sides, etc. Honda Motor Co Ltd has showcased the sporty design "CR-Z" hybrid car that focuses on driving at Tokyo Motor Show.

"Hybrid automobiles have only pursued fuel economy and environmental performances thus far. We considered the market needs a sporty model that achieves both environmental and driving performances," said Tetsuji Morikawa, an engineer of Design Studio, Honda R&D Co Ltd that designed the CR-Z.

Honda expects to win over not only drivers who have experienced sports cars before but also the "young minivan generation who have never tried a sports car before," Morikawa said.

The body measures 4,080 (l) x 1,780 (w) x 1,280mm (h), and the wheelbase is 2,500mm. To ensure handling and responsiveness, Honda kept the vehicle compact. The company has yet to reveal specifications of the hybrid system and the powertrain including the engine capacity.

"We are developing the CR-Z concept automobile toward its future commercialization," Honda said. Honda had previously announced a plan to launch a hybrid vehicle in 2009, but "That will be a different model from the CR-Z," the company explained.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

This thing is hot...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
Will it already come with rusted 1/4s?? I dont know if they will make this thing but I doubt they will with the current line up of cars. Maybe Im wrong.
Production has already been confirmed, it's all over the media...

Quote:
Honda has confirmed plans to build a production version of the CR-Z prototype that made its worldwide debut today (Oct. 24, 2007) at the 40th Tokyo Show. Dubbed as the successor of the highly popular CR-X compact sports coupe, the CR-Z (which stands for Compact Renaissance – Zero) is powered by the latest iteration of Honda’s hybrid IMA powertrain which promises to deliver low emissions and fuel consumption figures.
According to Honda’s own words, the road-going version of the CR-Z sports coupe “will be a compact, lightweight sportscar powered by a hybrid powertrain”. Though the Japanese carmaker was hesitant to announce launch timings for a production version of the car, our sources state that the CR-Z will be introduced sometime between late-2009 and mid-2010. While we might not be exactly crazy for the CR-Z’s appearance, the fact that it will be equipped with a hybrid powertrain has definitely sweetened it up.

“Hybrids have always been seen as niche products, and hybrid car design has mostly been based around practicality and versatility,” said John Kingston, Environment Manager at Honda (UK). “The CR-Z Concept looks stunning, and shows that green cars can be sexy and exciting – but also minimise environmental impact”

“The fact that we will be producing cars like this – and the global hybrid – proves that hybrid cars are becoming key volume products within our range. All of this means that Honda will be selling over 1/4 million hybrids a year by 2009.”
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 EJ8 / 06 DC5-S
Mods:
.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!
i like it, i might reconsider building the DC5 if this thing turns out to be good. I need better gas efficency

A priest is rushing to my side.. Begins to read me my last rights
Father you're too late, my faith is weak.. So won't you save your half-hearted speech

A man bends down and says,
"Son we're gonna get through this one take my hand and let us pray."
I scream, "Please get the fuck away."

Old 11-21-2007, 06:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
it has potential but i think they still need to work all the body lines more, the front shouldn't be so pointy
Old 11-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Noob

I love the look just as it is!
What the media has reported is minor changes to the hatch design, we think it has something to do witht he large vertical back glass, it needs a better structure for production. And as nothing more than my opinion, I'm not sure Honda will have the courage to keep the big black vertical shape in the rear, but that is only a guess.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TheCriMson[K20] View Post
i like it, i might reconsider building the DC5 if this thing turns out to be good. I need better gas efficency
Of course all we know at this point is conceptual facts, but here they are
- 1.3 I4 gas + hybrid technology
- 118 hp
- 268 lb-ft
- 66 mpg

We all know the 118 hp is not all that exciting, but, keep in mind, that 268 lb-ft is more torque than an E46 M3...
Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 EJ8 / 06 DC5-S
Mods:
.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Rio View Post
Of course all we know at this point is conceptual facts, but here they are
- 1.3 I4 gas + hybrid technology
- 118 hp
- 268 lb-ft
- 66 mpg

We all know the 118 hp is not all that exciting, but, keep in mind, that 268 lb-ft is more torque than an E46 M3...
wtf, 268tq? How?

I agree, the body lines need to be worked out better, but all concepts look like that, once its actually produced im sure it will look better

A priest is rushing to my side.. Begins to read me my last rights
Father you're too late, my faith is weak.. So won't you save your half-hearted speech

A man bends down and says,
"Son we're gonna get through this one take my hand and let us pray."
I scream, "Please get the fuck away."

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
wtf, 268tq? How?
Hybrid technology. Keep in mind, electric motors have 100% of their torque available at 0.000001 rpm, in other words, as soon as a motor starts it has essentially 100% of its torgue availabe, it does not need to rev up to get the power, it hjust has it from the get go. The concept is based upon hybrid technology that is supposed to be fun, not just fuel efficient.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
I agree, the body lines need to be worked out better, but all concepts look like that, once its actually produced im sure it will look better
Honestly, I do not agree. Allow me to present my case

S2000

TL

MDX

CIVIC

CIVIC Type R

ACCORD

RIDGELINE

I think in the end you will find the new car will look very much like this concept, a fact I'm happy about, because I think it lookks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement