Average price for car painting.. - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2002, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 93 Prelude Vtec
Mods: None.. POOR!!
AzN_LuDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Average price for car painting..

I've just got my 93 prelude a month ago, and its a dark green prelude. My front left fender just got hit/srape by a car.. Pisses me off, i should of not park too near the corner. But its only a little dent with scrapes.. This made me think, its a good excuse to paint my whole car, because i do not like its original stock green.

So i'm just wondering, how much does it cost to paint whole car?? I heard that the more coat of gloss you want on it, the more it cost right? and also for a 100-200 paint job, do they sand the whole car before painting or do they just paint over the old layer?? and do they also paint inside the doors, between doors?? and whats preping. cause i heard from somebody that preping the car yourself and then having them paint it would cost less??

Is macco a good place??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2002, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
rudeskawn is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never heard of a $100 paintjob. Every now and again Macco has that $149 or whatever paintjob. But all they do is paint over what you give them. They don't sand it down or anything. Painting door jams, engine bay, trunk jams is all more $$. All in all a good color change is gonna cost you well over $1500. A very nice job with a pearl and what not will run you over $3k. You don't wanna be cheap about this. You will kick yourself later.
Old 06-23-2002, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 01 Silver BB6, coming RX-8
Mods:
silverprelude is an unknown quantity at this point
i do not think Macco they are good ... i have bad experience w/ them .. they sucks ... they painted my body kit and they messed up the color is not fit and not smooth on the surface.. then i went to another paint shop do it again for another $400

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2002, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
UCRaccordV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
good paint job like 2k

a macco job would be just covering the windows and winshiled and painting over it. nothing in the interior liek door jams or engine bay will be painted
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-24-2002, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
Poboy is an unknown quantity at this point
A good paintshop will have a downdraft booth, remove body panels from the car to be painted, prep&prime the surfaces well, remove trim pieces instead of taping them, and paint a separate clearcoat (not integrated one). Find out what kind of paint they use (Spies Hecker is one of the best, OEM for mercedes). That should run you anywhere between 1500-4000
Old 06-24-2002, 05:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: Student
Mods:
krazynuttz23 is an unknown quantity at this point
My car is white right now. What if I just got it repainted championship white, so I don't have to worry about the interior getting repainted? How much would this cost? Thanx.
Old 06-24-2002, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 93 Prelude Vtec
Mods: None.. POOR!!
AzN_LuDe is an unknown quantity at this point
damn.. expensive as fuck.. I guess i'm gonna just get my fender fix and repainted then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement