How to delete A/C - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1993 Honda Prelude
Mods: Honda tuned ECU, VTEC SAUCE
Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM Boosted_JDM
How to delete A/C

Hello.. Im swapping the h22 in the prelude.. Now I am trying to figure out what belt size I need to run just the alt off the crank pulley instead of alt and a/c.. Thanks *****s

93 Prelude Si with JDM h22 swap, P28 chipped ECU
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 honda Prelude
Mods: rims+tires,header,intake- etc. a sleeper(not getting to specific yet)
Knyce1 is on a distinguished road
all you got to do is go to autozone and ask for the belt for a 92 prelude w/ out air conditioning and they should have it. Ive got a 94 si lude' and took all the a/c stuff out, and thats the only belt you will need, nothing special about it!! I was wonder what I needed when I did it too!!! I hope this helps!! peace K
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
fuck removing AC

it does NOT add any power, and its a nice accessory to have during the summer

remove the system only if its in need of repair and you KNOW you will never fix it

the weight difference cannot be felt either
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caramel Chocolate Lover View Post
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 01-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
Mods: h23vtec
98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
fuck removing AC

it does NOT add any power, and its a nice accessory to have during the summer

remove the system only if its in need of repair and you KNOW you will never fix it

the weight difference cannot be felt either
anything putting extra tension on the crank pulley will create a loss of some sort. And dont even try to argue AC does not rob power when the ac is on. Pretty big difference between on and off.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vtec View Post
anything putting extra tension on the crank pulley will create a loss of some sort. And dont even try to argue AC does not rob power when the ac is on. Pretty big difference between on and off.
ONLY when AC is turned on will there be a difference in power felt

I put money on teh table you cannot tell the difference between a car with teh AC off and a car with teh AC system completely gone

Again, its fucking stupid to remove the ac system unless its damaged and you dont wanna fix it
Quote:
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 01-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy
Quote:
ONLY when AC is turned on will there be a difference in power felt

I put money on teh table you cannot tell the difference between a car with teh AC off and a car with teh AC system completely gone

Again, its fucking stupid to remove the ac system unless its damaged and you dont wanna fix it
so because you cant "tell" aka feel a difference, that makes it no difference?

You can play butt dyno all you want. I prefer real dynos, however.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
so because you cant "tell" aka feel a difference, that makes it no difference?

You can play butt dyno all you want. I prefer real dynos, however.
your a dumbass

on a d16y8, 98 ex, it made an average of 1hp across 5 runs

on a 92 dx d15b7, it made an average of 2hp

your a fucking retard if you think its worth the power. I enjoy keeping cool in teh summer, and if you care that much about that little power, your probably one of those idiots who guts their car cuz they think it makes a noticable differncce when in reality it jsut increases road nosie and discomfort in the car

you dont need teh results of a real dyno to see the stupidity behind it.
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
retard...lol. Thats really funny. Good one.

I actually race my car so bringing down weight and extracting the most power and reducing free frictional losses is a huge benefit for me as well as the weight losses from stripping unneeded parts from the car. So lets see, i modify my car for function and race use. Even when i daily drove my car, i never used AC and i live in Florida. If i want AC i rolled down the windows. I can live with it, like many others. You cant, big deal. But calling someone a retard for doing something that has function behind it just because you cant live without luxury items is plain ignorance. Just shows me that you have little to no experience in racing.

I'm far from dumb buddy. Been racing, building, and tuning probably longer than you have been driving.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
why didnt you say you race it instead of saying like a fucking queer "dont tell it it doesnt effect power blah" blah blah

you might have made yourself look a lot smarter

now racing is an excuse
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_JDM View Post
Hello.. Im swapping the h22 in the prelude.. Now I am trying to figure out what belt size I need to run just the alt off the crank pulley instead of alt and a/c.. Thanks *****s
Why would I help you?

No one should be helping this faggot.

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
Quote:
why didnt you say you race it instead of saying like a fucking queer "dont tell it it doesnt effect power blah" blah blah

you might have made yourself look a lot smarter

now racing is an excuse
why does it matter? I build my car to what i want, not to what some douchebag says on the internet who likely has very little experience on the matter.

The point is if he wants to remove ac, so be it. it DOES reduce rotational friction and DOES drop weight (as little as it may be). If you have nothing informative to add then stfu and go back to your post whoring section.

I believe i ended up using a 36" belt but just get a few lengths and take back the ones that dont fit.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
why does it matter? I build my car to what i want, not to what some douchebag says on the internet who likely has very little experience on the matter.

The point is if he wants to remove ac, so be it. it DOES reduce rotational friction and DOES drop weight (as little as it may be). If you have nothing informative to add then stfu and go back to your post whoring section.

I believe i ended up using a 36" belt but just get a few lengths and take back the ones that dont fit.
so im a douchebag now? Im sure not only am i older, but have practically lived under the hood of a car for the past 10-15 years

and in my experience, unless the car is ONLY for racing, its not worth the effort to remove the AC

holes to plug up, wiring to remove, to 100% finish the job you need a different climate control assembly to remove the AC button from sight

on the second hand, it is great to start with an AC equipped car. the wiring for the AC button is there and some tuning options allow parameters to be used when the A/C button is used. some use it for spray, some use it as a map choosing, such as when changing the octane in a turbo setup between normal driving and racing conditions

I bet your next question will be which underdrive pulley you should buy
Quote:
Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1992 Prelude SI
Mods: BUILT F22B DOHC Bored .40 over, studded, guarded
Prelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a life
its a fact that anything that causes drag or has frictional rotation is gunna hinder performance. hence why people chose turbo over supercharger in case u didnt know superchargers use engine power to run. and the weight of all the ac stuff will make a difference in a cars performance the compr is pretty damn heavy. just my .02 tho
* HOLSET HX35 TURBO
* CAST LOG MANIFOLD
* 3 INCH DOWNPIPE
* 1000cc INJECTORS
* GLOW SHIFT GAUGES
* STEEL BRAIDED LINES
* BUILDING HEAD THIS WINTER WITH CROWER STAGE 3 CAMS/ FULL VALVETRAIN.
* PORT AND POLISHED HEAD
* STUDDED/ MAIN STUDS
* KING MOTORSPORTS RACE BEARINGS
* TIAL WASTEGATE
* 255LPH FUEL PUMP
* PHEARABLE ECU WITH S300 HONDATA
* F22 PARTS THICK TURBO HEAD GASKET
* KMS ENGINERRING BLOCK GUARD.
* BISIMOTO PISTONS 8:1:1 COMP
* CORRILO RODS
* DELETED SECONDARYS IN INTAKE MANI
* GOAL FOR THIS SEASON IS 10'S ON SLICKS AND 11'S ON STREET TIRES
Old 01-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1992 Prelude SI
Mods: BUILT F22B DOHC Bored .40 over, studded, guarded
Prelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a lifePrelude92Si You need a life
and yea im pretty sure that it is 36 inches. i ordered it from a few diff parts stores just said no a/c some got the order right some didnt lol ull know as soon as u pick the belt up its pretty short
* HOLSET HX35 TURBO
* CAST LOG MANIFOLD
* 3 INCH DOWNPIPE
* 1000cc INJECTORS
* GLOW SHIFT GAUGES
* STEEL BRAIDED LINES
* BUILDING HEAD THIS WINTER WITH CROWER STAGE 3 CAMS/ FULL VALVETRAIN.
* PORT AND POLISHED HEAD
* STUDDED/ MAIN STUDS
* KING MOTORSPORTS RACE BEARINGS
* TIAL WASTEGATE
* 255LPH FUEL PUMP
* PHEARABLE ECU WITH S300 HONDATA
* F22 PARTS THICK TURBO HEAD GASKET
* KMS ENGINERRING BLOCK GUARD.
* BISIMOTO PISTONS 8:1:1 COMP
* CORRILO RODS
* DELETED SECONDARYS IN INTAKE MANI
* GOAL FOR THIS SEASON IS 10'S ON SLICKS AND 11'S ON STREET TIRES
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude92Si View Post
and yea im pretty sure that it is 36 inches. i ordered it from a few diff parts stores just said no a/c some got the order right some didnt lol ull know as soon as u pick the belt up its pretty short
seriously, don't help him. Not like hes on here anyway, and thank god he isnt.

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement