How do i know if my clutch is slipping??? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Blaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to behold
How do i know if my clutch is slipping???

i think my car needs a new clutch already, , it only has about 45k miles....people says if ur clutch is slipping then most likely u need a new clucth so my question is how does clutch slipping feels like, what does ur car do when the clutch is slipping?? i have now clue.........
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
Defi4nce has a little shameless behaviour in the past
When the RPMs go up but you dont go anyfaster.

"The wicked rule, and the fools follow"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 99 dc2
Mods: tons
sujinX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
ur in gear u gas .. the rpms go up and ur still crusing like its at 2000 rpm but actually ur like at 6000 or sumin.. i advise u not to drive around nemore with the clutch slipping like that it'll end up costing u a grip.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 2000 Accord 5-spd
Mods:
wonTong is an unknown quantity at this point
back then when i had my 91 integ, the clutch would slip every once in a while.. i'd press the gas, but the car would just rev up to 4k with no power. i didn't realize what it was...

then finally one day the clutch broke while i was driving in the street. i couldn't step on it anymore.. and the gears could move alone.

better it it replaced before it fails on you on the freeway..
Old 03-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 99 lude
Mods: too much to list
lOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problemlOOkatme has a Rep problem
like people said...you try accelerating...generally at full throttle in a lower gear and the car doesn't engage....it will shoot the rpms up but the car isn't going nearly as fast as the rpms are rising.

also you can smell the clutch generally.

Car for Sale. PM me.
Aftermarket Parts for sale. PM me.

Old 03-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 98 Civic Coupe
Mods: stock
Shibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud ofShibby H22A has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by lOOkatme

also you can smell the clutch generally.
and that smell isnt very pleasant...

Old 03-04-2003, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Blaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to beholdBlaznh22 is a splendid one to behold
im not having any of that sign at all, its just that the clutch pedals grab farther out then it use to ( i think)...........
Old 03-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
j0hns0n is an unknown quantity at this point
bleach your clutch
Old 03-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
j0hns0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Blaznh22
....the clutch pedals grab farther out then it use to ( i think)........... [/B]
bleach your clutch
Old 03-04-2003, 11:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by j0hns0n
bleach your clutch
what do u mean by bleach your clutch?? what is that??? :
Old 03-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 2001 Prelude SS
Mods: AEM Intake,Clear Side Markets,Clear Front Bumper Lens,Pro One Exhaust
Hustler904 is an unknown quantity at this point
he means bleed your clutch fluid
Old 03-05-2003, 04:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by Hustler904
he means bleed your clutch fluid
how will that help???
Old 03-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1996 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: so many mods you'd puke...
BlueLude is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the fluid in your reservoir and make sure it's full and not really dark (if it's dark change it) - I think bleeding your clutch is kinda like bleeding your breaks, when pressure gets low it helps to build it back up.

I was on the freeway when my clutch failed, I went from about 70mph to 0 in about 50 feet - it locked up the wheels for some reason. Needless to say it was scary as fuck, so I'd suggest changing it soon if it needs it...
Old 03-06-2003, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueLude
Check the fluid in your reservoir and make sure it's full and not really dark (if it's dark change it) - I think bleeding your clutch is kinda like bleeding your breaks, when pressure gets low it helps to build it back up.

I was on the freeway when my clutch failed, I went from about 70mph to 0 in about 50 feet - it locked up the wheels for some reason. Needless to say it was scary as fuck, so I'd suggest changing it soon if it needs it...
so bleeding it will stop my clutch pedal from grabing farther out??? cuzz i dont think my clutch is worn since it only have 45k miles on it just that the clutch pedal grab farther out then it use to and i cant barly chirp 2nd anymore.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement