JDM H22 Redline? - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2002, 02:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 JDM 2.2Vtec Prelude
Mods: 17's, cat back Jap exhaust, CAI, Altezzas, dropped 1"
Screaming Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
The JDM spec ludes speed restricter is set at 120mph not 130mph...
UK luder, the cheaper derestrictions mean that the vtec will not cut intil intil revs reach 6000 in first gear, not 5000, this is somethin to do with a signal being sent everytime the wheel turns to the ecu.
When this reaches a certian number say for example 10 pulses per second (for 120mph) then the fuel cut out cuts in.
The cheaper derestrictions just cut this pulse in half, ie at 120 mph there r half the pulse 5 per second, there for the restrictor is set at 240mph, (if this was possible)
however because vtec will not cut in intil a certain speed occurs (and there fore a certain ammount of pulses) the VTEC does not cut in intil 6000 revs in first (where the required ammount of 'pulses' is sent to the ecu).
To derestrict properly the ecu needs top be reprogrammed or a device such as the Apexi rev/speed meter used.

hope that made some sense, im a bit tired....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2002, 05:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
ImportFan is an unknown quantity at this point
120?! That sucks! What is Honda thinking?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
sak
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
sak is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ImportFan
120?! That sucks! What is Honda thinking?
It's not what Honda was thinking, its what the law sets it at. For example, the Supra TT has a top speed of 155mph because its restricted, not becasue thats what it tops out at. Its all in the ECU.

So if the law says that a car company has to do this to sell that, then they will do it. Of course the Lude that we are talking about topping out at 120mph is only the JDM ones witht he JDM ECU and not the USDM one. So if you have a USDM H22 motor,
Old 04-01-2002, 07:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
ImportFan is an unknown quantity at this point
I wasn't referring to what the JDM lude tops out at.. but rather they programmed into the ECU to restrict it to go pass 120. I'm not from Japan so I wouldn't know, but I doubt that there is a federal regulation that states your car has to be limited to 120.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
sak
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
sak is an unknown quantity at this point
It varies from country to country and trust me, the Supra TT in the states have a limiter at 155mph. Its just not Japan that restricts its cars.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:43 AM   #36 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 JDM 2.2Vtec Prelude
Mods: 17's, cat back Jap exhaust, CAI, Altezzas, dropped 1"
Screaming Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
The US spec Supras and UK specs are limited to 155, even thou they could top 170 if derestricted.
However import one from Japan and cry as the fuel cutout kicks in at 112, yes 112mph...
not too much to derestrict...
Old 04-02-2002, 10:51 AM   #37 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
LakeMountLude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Screaming Vtec
The US spec Supras and UK specs are limited to 155, even thou they could top 170 if derestricted.
However import one from Japan and cry as the fuel cutout kicks in at 112, yes 112mph...
not too much to derestrict...
derestrict? you mean unrestrict?

Quote:
Quoted by TurboNOSlude: Oh yeah Lake rocks!!
Quote:
Quoted by flyracerx:aah.. lakemountlude my fave lude owner!! welcome back!!
Old 04-03-2002, 07:16 AM   #38 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Prelude VTEC
Mods: JDM H22A,AEM CAI,Apexi Dunk Cat-back Exhaust,High Flow Cat,Koni Sport Struts,Eibach Road Race Springs,Eibach Strut Tower Brace,17" Alloys,Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Meats,Nice Stereo,Neuspeed Short Shift Kit,Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals,And There's More!
94PreludeVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by greengangsta
yeah it is not the motors it is the ecu.
i also have a jdm h22 running with a usdm ecu and i ran it up to 150mph.

as far as rev limit, this setup is in a 95 accord and i can take the needle all the way to the end of the tach which reads 8k. i dunno if it is the same measurements as ludes, but at the end of my stock accord tach (8k) i reach fuel cut.
SWEET! So I guess my car really could top out at 150mph! That's awesome! Thanks for that greengangsta! That really brightens my day! SWEET!

JDM H22A
AEM CAI
Apexi Dunk Cat-back Exhaust
High Flow Cat
Koni Sport Struts
Eibach Road Race Spring Set
Eibach Strut Tower Brace
17" Alloys
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Meats
Nice Stereo
Neuspeed Short Shift Kit
Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
And There's More!

Soon To Come:
ACT HDSS Clutch
Apexi V-AFC
Crower Stage 2 Cams
Aem Cam Gears
Old 04-03-2002, 11:52 AM   #39 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 92 Honda Prelude
Mods: JDM h22a, AEM CAI, Random cat., Apex N-1 cat-back exhaust.
Honda Sport will become famous soon enough
I've got a JDM h22a swap in my lude and the fuel cutoff on my car is 118mph. I've hit fuel cutoff a few times on the freeway. I was running a USDM p13 and I was running A LOT leaner. I passed emissions with the USDMp13 though. The JDM p13 feels like it has a more agressive fuel curve than the USDM p13. Anyways, anybody have a 5speed JDM p13 for sale?? email me at honda_sport@hotmail.com
Old 04-03-2002, 07:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Noob

Mods: JDM H22A,AEM CAI,Apexi Dunk Cat-back Exhaust,High Flow Cat,Koni Sport Struts,Eibach Road Race Springs,Eibach Strut Tower Brace,17" Alloys,Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Meats,Nice Stereo,Neuspeed Short Shift Kit,Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals,And There's More!
What's wrong with your idle Honda Sport? Did you put on any aftermaket cams? Or, are you using an H22 ECU? Or, is your trottle body not set right?

JDM H22A
AEM CAI
High Flow Cat
Koni Sport Struts
Eibach Strut Tower Brace
17" Alloys
Nice Stereo
Neuspeed Short Shift Kit
Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
And There's More!

Soon To Come:
ACT HDSS Clutch
Apexi V-AFC
Crower Stage 2 Cams
Aem Cam Gears
Old 04-04-2002, 09:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
AREITU is an unknown quantity at this point
94, Remember when you drove around in circles at Mat's house and you had a wierdo idle? Maybe that's it...
Old 04-04-2002, 10:13 AM   #42 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally posted by AREITU
94, Remember when you drove around in circles at Mat's house and you had a wierdo idle? Maybe that's it...
Oooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaah. Maybe. I can't remember what was wrong with it though. I think it was the throttle body. Or... I don't remember, but I'll find out.

JDM H22A
AEM CAI
High Flow Cat
Koni Sport Struts
Eibach Strut Tower Brace
17" Alloys
Nice Stereo
Neuspeed Short Shift Kit
Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
And There's More!

Soon To Come:
ACT HDSS Clutch
Apexi V-AFC
Crower Stage 2 Cams
Aem Cam Gears
Old 04-04-2002, 12:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 92 Honda Prelude
Mods: JDM h22a, AEM CAI, Random cat., Apex N-1 cat-back exhaust.
Honda Sport will become famous soon enough
forgot to update my link. The reason why I had the funky idle was because I had a AUTO VTEC JDM p13. I swapped over to a USDM p13 and the funky idle went away. The thing is, I ran really really lean. My bars on my A/F gauge was always in lean. Anybody have a JDM 5speed p13 they wanna sell to me??
Old 04-04-2002, 12:43 PM   #44 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile4bidden Needs to go outside once in awhile
i have one, a REAL spoon p13 ecu, version 4. im not willing to let it go though sorry

5gen Prelude Short Shifter coming soon!

ATV District
Old 04-04-2002, 01:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
lil_racer is an unknown quantity at this point
JDM Prelude Redline

I installed a JDM H22A into my Prelude after my H23A1 blew up, well, the crank broke. Anyway I've got mine all running and the VTEC kicks in the same 5400 as USDM, and the rev limiter hits at 7800. I'm not sure where the real redline should be but I always shift at 7800. Go for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement