Missing pipe - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 2000 Prelude
Mods:
CpHaAtN will become famous soon enoughCpHaAtN will become famous soon enough
Missing pipe

Hey guys, I recently put my stock intake back onto my 2000 Prelude, and I notice there's a missing pipe. Can anyone tell me how this pipe looks and where I can get it from? Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: Mazda Protege5
Mods: Magnaflow secondary catalytic converter
fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?
What I like to do... and it's not a huge secret... is to google your car's make and model into the images section. I typed in "2000 Honda Prelude engine". Then BA BLAM!!! You can see what it looks like. You'll need to get a vacuum hose, rubber (or silicone if you want to dress it up) hose and connect those two connections. Get a ruler, measure the width of the connection, the hose's inner diameter will need to be a little bit narrower than the outer diamter of the connection port. Make sense?

Then, 1. get a wrench and disconnect the hose clamp on the intake tube and remove the old tube remnant.
2. Put the hose clamp over the one end of the new hose but in about one inch.
3. Insert one end of the new tube where the old hose removed.
4. Slide the hose clamp back over where it should be.
5. Put the other end of the hose near the valve cover connection port. Give it a little slack and cut to size.
6. Insert the end over the connection port.

2000 Honda Prelude Manual Coupe Photo Engine - Consumer Guide Automotive
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 2000 Prelude
Mods:
CpHaAtN will become famous soon enoughCpHaAtN will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info fartbomber. FYI, I did google and looked at the image section. The reason I came here was because when I took my car to Honda to ask for the part, This is what the guy sold me.

So when I went home to put the part in, it looked like it should be for only one hose. I googled the images but couldn't find a picture clear enough to see if the part he sold me was correct. I'm just asking to see if I'm missing something here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
you can make that work, just cut a piece of rubber hose just long enough to make a coupler on the valve cover side. then if you are sure you dont need the other pipe then grind it off
Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
davidjohn is on a distinguished road
Yes. That's a nice advice. Rubber hoses are used in automotive industry. A rubber hose is a flexible tube which is used to move liquids or gases. Rubber hoses are available in various sizes. Couplings are made up of metal or plastic which is connected to machines , spigots and devices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement