transmission fluid is leaking from a 06 pilot - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Pilot Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2000 civic ex coupe
Mods: full body kit, tanabe racing madelion, intake, 16" enkie rf-1
jpn6438 is an unknown quantity at this point
transmission fluid is leaking from a 06 pilot

my dad have a 06 pilot with only 3500 mile on it and transmission fluid is leaking from it. when we took it to the dealership they can't find a cause. anyone have this problem?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
never heard of that problem. But it's still well under warranty, and regardless of whether or not they can find a cause, they need to find a solution. Take it back and tell them to fix it.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: 93 civic dx
Mods:
iLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapyiLLeFFeKt CiViC needs rep therapy
take it back and demand they fix the damn thing.
1991 Galant VR-4 sold
1991 Eclipse gsx-sold
If I two-step your A$$ then you know I'm serious!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

well we took it back today and still no luck. my mom decided instead of the hassel of taking it back and forth everyday, she offer $3k drive out plus the old 06 pilot for a new 06 pilot. hopefully this one is okay.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
MooGoCow3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have the dealer either check for a bad rear main seal, or a leaking ATF line on the top/ back of the transmission (tighten the 17mm banjo bolt). I have fixed several of each in the past few months.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooGoCow3
Have the dealer either check for a bad rear main seal, or a leaking ATF line on the top/ back of the transmission (tighten the 17mm banjo bolt). I have fixed several of each in the past few months.

I have no idea if it was done b/c my parent trade it in for another '06 pilot. The new one is okay up to this point. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen to this one.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
marianeeli is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpn6438
my dad have a 06 pilot with only 3500 mile on it and transmission fluid is leaking from it. when we took it to the dealership they can't find a cause. anyone have this problem?
I also faced this problem one day.I told this problem to my dealer.Then finally it was found that the problem was near the bolt.And it was rectfied.

Old 10-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
ToolAuctions is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with the new vehicle, it sucks you guys had to swap them. Hope it works out.

http://www.AUTOTOOLAUCTIONS.COM

BUY or SELL Snap On Tools in NEW or USED condition

-Snap on Tools
-Matco Tools
-Honda Parts
-Performance Parts
-OEM Parts and much more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement