Evo rust problems? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > SH Rumors & AutoNews Talk

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!
Question Evo rust problems?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...5&pagenumber=1

alot of the guys are finding rust on their evo's.
but i dont get it, why in the hell would these people take the bumper and frame apart to find rust? were they just bored or something?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2003, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1990 Honda CRX HF
Mods: d16a6
Moon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud of
Wow, rusting already, the cars aren't even but a couple of months old.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts"JDM Sol" is infamous around these parts
i dont believe it because it doesnt even show the whole body frame of the evo, just the rust. It could be another car. Even i cand do domething stupid like that, i can just take pix of other rust spots from other cars and say that it was rust of of a viper. : :

Old 11-09-2003, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1998 Honda Accord EX Sedan
Mods: Stock
cartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond reputecartmania13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by "JDM Sol"
i dont believe it because it doesnt even show the whole body frame of the evo, just the rust. It could be another car. Even i cand do domething stupid like that, i can just take pix of other rust spots from other cars and say that it was rust of of a viper. : :
maybe u should read the thread link that was posted... more than 1 owner found rust in that area :

When Chuck Norris files his taxes, he sends in a blank return and a picture of himself, crouched and ready to attack. Chuck Norris has never had to pay taxes. This year, however, the IRS sent him back a picture of Jack Bauer wearing his dark sunglasses. The next day, Chuck Norris pled guilty to multiple counts of tax evasion.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C I4K20C
Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
Originally posted by divinewisdom

alot of the guys are finding rust on their evo's.
but i dont get it, why in the hell would these people take the bumper and frame apart to find rust? were they just bored or something?
Wow.. very old thread.. i remember reading that.. i'm not sure but if i remember corecttly, Alfriedsq (the user who took the pics on Evom) took out the bumper to take out the rear-beam accident support.. to shed some weight...

He did have the fasted Evo 8 in America, Along the lines i herd it got in a crash or he lost it or something, i don't remember.. but Alfried has had a WRX with a Spec C tranny and engine i belive.. and he had around a 500-600 whp Evo 8!!! Hvn't herd from him in sometime...

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Be kind - Remember every one you meet is fighting a battle - everybody's lonesome.
-Marion Parker
Old 11-10-2003, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!
Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
Originally posted by I4K20C
Wow.. very old thread.. i remember reading that.. i'm not sure but if i remember corecttly, Alfriedsq (the user who took the pics on Evom) took out the bumper to take out the rear-beam accident support.. to shed some weight...

He did have the fasted Evo 8 in America, Along the lines i herd it got in a crash or he lost it or something, i don't remember.. but Alfried has had a WRX with a Spec C tranny and engine i belive.. and he had around a 500-600 whp Evo 8!!! Hvn't herd from him in sometime...
yea, but the thing is, if you take any car apart like that we are bound to find rust even the BMW and benz
Old 11-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1997 Volvo 850 GLT Estate
Mods: Simple mods
dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
yea, but the thing is, if you take any car apart like that we are bound to find rust even the BMW and benz
unless the car made from plastic... even with carbon frame, it must use some metal bolts to make sure the car doesnt fall apart.
Good-bye 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC
Good-bye 1994 Acura Legend GS

1997 Volvo 850 GLT Wagon right now. Looking for the right Honda/Acura to come back to the family.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 97 Accord and 03 Accord
Mods:
mrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationmrmyz Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
pos mitsubishi's
Old 11-10-2003, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmyz
pos mitsubishi's
freaking mrmyz haha
i am gone for like an 30 mins, come back and my box is full with like 50 new mails, all due to mrmyz and dodolaje posts.
dem whores haha. haha
jkjk
Old 11-10-2003, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 2009 Legacy Spec B
Mods:
playindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problemplayindagamewell has a Rep problem
Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
overtime tho.. not as fast as this one.. no?
Old 11-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaFreak4Eva
overtime tho.. not as fast as this one.. no?
not really. if the car isnt painted in the frame it will most likely get rusty withing weeks. especially if you are shipping it in via sea. the cars sit in the docks up to weeks, in the moister and the harsh environment. who knows.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
SH Virus

dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?dodolaje What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Quote:
freaking mrmyz haha
i am gone for like an 30 mins, come back and my box is full with like 50 new mails, all due to mrmyz and dodolaje posts.
dem whores haha. haha
jkjk
hahahah well i didnt reply most thread nowadays since i dont have internet connection at my current apt. once my apt fully renovated and cable modem back online then. u ll see more replies.

1997 Volvo 850 GLT Wagon right now. Looking for the right Honda/Acura to come back to the family.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
SH Virus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Evo rust problems?

Quote:
not really. if the car isnt painted in the frame it will most likely get rusty withing weeks. especially if you are shipping it in via sea. the cars sit in the docks up to weeks, in the moister and the harsh environment. who knows.
wow is that mean most imported cars have these problem? remind me of the cargo ship that sunk in UK that transporting BMWs to US

Sponsored Links
Advertisement