on the hunt for a CRV - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > CRV Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
duude is on a distinguished road
on the hunt for a CRV

Hi all.
I am new to the forum, I have owned accords and civics and now am looking for a crv with a baby on the way and all....
I like the 1st gens the best, but i have heard that they have a lot of transmission problems. Is this true? also, what should i be looking for when i check out CRVs? every car has it's issues, and it would be great if you guys can give some insight on the CRV! oh and did manual CRVs come with AWD?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
duude is on a distinguished road
WOW, really? there is nothing to watch out for on a CRV?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 04 Accord EXV6 & 10 CR-V EX-L
Mods: K&N Drop Ins
kcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these parts
With a baby on the way I'd stick to the newer CR-Vs. I love my 2010 EX-L and it has most all the bells and whistles. Unless you live up north (snow), you really don't need AWD.
- Totally stock except for K&N Drop In
Member since September 2000
Old 04-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2006 CR-V 5-speed
Mods: CF Dash Kit, Polished SS Exhaust Tip, Pinstripes, Painted Calipers, HFP badging
Carbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
Quote:
Originally Posted by duude View Post
Hi all.

I like the 1st gens the best, but i have heard that they have a lot of transmission problems. Is this true? also, what should i be looking for when i check out CRVs? every car has it's issues, and it would be great if you guys can give some insight on the CRV! oh and did manual CRVs come with AWD?
Gen1 CR-Vs don't have a LOT of tranny problems. Most are fixed with ATF replacement to the proper Honda type.
Occasionally the solenoid packs malfunction but those are external and can be DIYd.

What you REALLY need to be on the watch for is valve recession. Unless the valves were adjusted every 30K miles (as specified everywhere but North America) you could be in for some cylinder head work on a Gen1.

2000 - 2001 Vs have the most power and you can find AWD & manual trans vehicles.

Generation 2 Vs have more power yet and they offered manual trannies as well. 2002 - 2004 cars had the AC compressor problem, otherwise the Gen2 were VERY reliable.

'06 CR-V 5-speed MT
'07 Fit 5 speed MT
And several other Hondas in the past 25 years.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2003 honda civic ex d17
Mods: Cai, go fast stickers... 50 visiual hp!!!!!
fryboyswagg is on a distinguished road
you cant go wrong with 5 spd awd b20 lol fun times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement