Racing seats in a CR-v= DONE - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > CRV Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 2004 Pontiac Vibe
Mods:
Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Racing seats in a CR-v= DONE

So, I spent a lot of time welding, cutting and screaming at the stock frame rails, oh and throwing them too, hitting with hammers out of anger, you know the drill, but finally altered them in such a way to accept two brand new leather racing seats, and man is it awesome. I tore the shit out of the old seat to get all the parts I wanted, tore the rear seats apart and threw them out, and re-carpeted the entire rear of the car, next step is to get a tensile bar of some kind to go between the two rear spring towers. Then I repainted some of my audio equipment and such. It's still a mess inside the car, but It's getting there:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
2 seater crv? something just doesnt sit right about that lol

nice job though. are the stock seats/rails fucked up beyond belief to make it work, or did you fashion some adapters? you might be able to make some money off them
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caramel Chocolate Lover View Post
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Serj22 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
2 seater crv? something just doesnt sit right about that lol

nice job though. are the stock seats/rails fucked up beyond belief to make it work, or did you fashion some adapters? you might be able to make some money off them
I actually took the stock rails, which consist of a large U bracket so that the whole ordeal can be bolted to the floor, then tore off everything above the mounting slides, so that all that was left was the sliding bar, the pull bar, and the spring that releases and tensions it so the seat doesn't slide when you don't want it to. The driver's seat was easy, I took off the seat height adjusters, and used their holes to mount two heavy duty L-brackets, then bent the back holes down, and welded them in a 90* fashion so that the seat lined up with all 4 holes, then bolted it down. The passenger seat was harder because it had no height adjustment, and actually sat higher than the driver's seat so more of it had to be bended. You can actually do the whole thing without buying anything other than the seat, and some metal from a hardware store. No extra bracketing really needed. Both of the seats sit solid, and more tense than the stock seats. It's really not necessary to make a bunch of bolt holes, or go crazy trying to mount racing seats "safely" because I took apart the whole rails figuring them out, and at the lowest point, your stock seats are held down by 4 1/8" tiny allen screws. I kid you not.

also, I'm leaving the rears out for now since I'm moving and I can use the space to carry more boxes. Also the plan is to make it a full set of racing seats, so 2 more will be mounted in the back on some completely custom brackets. The rear seats were extremely heavy, and once they were gone, it made about a 100lb drop in weight, and it does make a difference, since the car weighs about 3500 to start.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1998 Civic EJ9 D14A4.
Mods: Magnecor leads,Iridium plugs,one-off Stainless exhaust,Sports cat,K&N panel filter,stainless manifold&down pipe,FSE FPR.
D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?
Looks really good!
matching rear seats would look great. wonder if you could get 3 in side by side at the rear?
"**This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.**"

Because learning is fun
Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
lol, I dont think he wants to do a full out custom widebody in order to make 3 racing seats fit next to each other

it would be cool though
Quote:
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 12-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
lol, I dont think he wants to do a full out custom widebody in order to make 3 racing seats fit next to each other

it would be cool though
nah, I measured and I can't fit 3, so I'm going to do 2 seats with a jump seat in the middle, like on small pickups, that will be part of a solid console that goes from inbetween the front two seats going back to being inbetween the rear two seats, so one giant center console.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj22 View Post
nah, I measured and I can't fit 3, so I'm going to do 2 seats with a jump seat in the middle, like on small pickups, that will be part of a solid console that goes from inbetween the front two seats going back to being inbetween the rear two seats, so one giant center console.
perfect for a couple 6 or 8 inch midbass woofers to complement the stereo
Quote:
Old 12-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1998 Civic EJ9 D14A4.
Mods: Magnecor leads,Iridium plugs,one-off Stainless exhaust,Sports cat,K&N panel filter,stainless manifold&down pipe,FSE FPR.
D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj22 View Post

This kinda set up?
"**This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.**"

Because learning is fun
Old 12-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2006 CR-V 5-speed
Mods: CF Dash Kit, Polished SS Exhaust Tip, Pinstripes, Painted Calipers, HFP badging
Carbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendCarbuff2 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
Serj,

Did that book of Juvenile Procedures help with your work?

'06 CR-V 5-speed MT
'07 Fit 5 speed MT
And several other Hondas in the past 25 years.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuff2 View Post
Serj,

Did that book of Juvenile Procedures help with your work?
it does, I keep that around from college. Lots of interesting stuff. Sometimes use it for reference since it has all the major codes for juveniles right in the front.

As for the picture of the racing seats with the jump seat in the middle, yes exactly. I actually tried to order that exact set, but it doesn't exist, you have to buy the rails for about $200. Then each seat individualy at about $500, then The Jump seat which is about $300. So I opted to making my own...
Old 12-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Noob

Car: ek, ct9a, e46m
Mods:
Midnight Run is on a distinguished road
interesting.. cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement