Hardest and easiest car color to keep clean? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > Honda Off-Topic Lounge

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: Acura TSX
Mods:
6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts
Hardest and easiest car color to keep clean?

It's so annoying and hard to keep a black car clean, everyday i had to clean my old accord up cause you can see the dirt so easily. dang, but after you shine it, wow.

The easiest car color to keep clean would be beige or silver, cause the dirt isn't easily as noticeable.

For my next car, do you think white or carbon gray are easy to keep clean?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: Internet
Mods: Sleeper
jessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a lifejessecrx You need a life
Yes, silver is the best.

Black, white, green, blue and red SUCK...you ALWAYS have to be wiping down your car to keep that clean look.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods:
accord 4 me is an unknown quantity at this point
white is just as hard as black to keep clean...but they look very nice when it is clean
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Mods: Stock
xtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sad
Re: Hardest and easiest car color to keep clean?

Quote:
Originally posted by 6thgenaccord
It's so annoying and hard to keep a black car clean, everyday i had to clean my old accord up cause you can see the dirt so easily. dang, but after you shine it, wow.

The easiest car color to keep clean would be beige or silver, cause the dirt isn't easily as noticeable.

Black and white are the colors which are the hardest to clean.

In my opinion, you should get carbon gray if you don't want to notice dirt often.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rule DisObeyer

Car: 2003 Acura Rsx Type S
Mods: stock
fulanoderock1 can only hope to improve
Re: Hardest and easiest car color to keep clean?

Quote:
Originally posted by 6thgenaccord

I gotta agree that black is the dirtiest but it's damn the sexiest when it's clean. I have one of those brushes you buy to dust off the dirt rather than washing. Anyway, i would say go with grey cuz white would be somewhat dirty looking too. Late
Old 05-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts6thgenaccord is infamous around these parts
well, carbon/graphite gray here i come, with a black or grey interior that would be so tight! (IMO). thanks for you help all.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car:
Mods:
FadeToBlack is a jewel in the roughFadeToBlack is a jewel in the roughFadeToBlack is a jewel in the roughFadeToBlack is a jewel in the rough
yea i just got a black car a week ago and it is hard as hell to keep clean. I enjoy washing it though, i pretty much do it every day.

2001 Jetta 1.8t
Old 05-05-2003, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
keystone is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't suggest dark grey, I had a truck that was dark grey and burgandy, that bitch was always looking dirty, but when she was clean she looked damn good.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: '08 LanEvo
Mods: Fully Bolted
PAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doPAC-MAN Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
Black and White are hardest to keep clean and Silver and Grey are easier, but have drawbacks. Insurance companies will tell you that when most silver/grey cars get hit, the person at fault couldn't see the car. Silver and grey are hard to see for some people I guess.
SOLD:1995 Civic Coupe: Black|JDM B18C Block|JDM ITR Head|ITR Intake manifold|SIR-G LSD Tranny|P30 Pistons|BPI Velocity Stack/RMF 4-1/Apex-I WS 2.5" Exh|15" Work Rims|GC Coilovers|P28 ECU Neptuned
SOLD:1995 EJ EX|D16Z6|T3/T04B .48a/r|15.2 psi|Scat Rods|SRP Slugs 9.1:1|Drag Turbo Manifold|Tial 38mm WG|HKS BOV|3" Open DP|uberdata P28|Precision 30" FMIC|ACT S/S Clutch|GE Block gaurd|Greddy Turbo Timer|12 sec full interior coupe!

Old 05-05-2003, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
Mods: Stock
xtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sadxtremefusion is sad...just sad
Quote:
Originally posted by SohcVtecTurboHB
Black and White are hardest to keep clean and Silver and Grey are easier, but have drawbacks. Insurance companies will tell you that when most silver/grey cars get hit, the person at fault couldn't see the car. Silver and grey are hard to see for some people I guess.
That explains why some people have almost hit me in my silver 99 Civic EX.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 99 VW Passat, 92 Civic/d16z6
Mods:
heisdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Most Insurance companies will cover red/black/white/etc cars the same now no matter.. they have changed so color is not a factor (most companies)

White is easier than black to keep clean.. but its still easy to get dirty.. White DOES NOT SHOW SCRATCHES .. (to a point) its a very very very good color for wax.. was loves to cover up anything on white.. and its really easy to buff a white car..

Black on the other hand.. well it's really hard to keep clean.. (when it's clean its pretty) but.. it shows scratches like hell.. especially in sunlight it will always show swirl marks from even the facotry paint w/out even a shammy touching it.. it amazes me how cars come into the dealorship on a sunny day never been washed and they ahve swirl marks..

Every color in b/t white/black varies depending on depth of the color.. dark the color the more it shows black qualities.. the lighter the more it shows white qualities.. so of course if you get a gray or silver paint it'll show less dirt/scratches.. although silver is a very hard color to keep clean if you get a "too light" silver

(btw I detail that's why I'm sooo damn picky about colors)
IMO lightish blue w/ a grayish tint is the best looking/ easiest to keep clean color (weird but true) ..

92 DX Hatch/D16z6 - Daily Driver - $1300 invested
99 Passat 1.8T (Sold )
95 FW Integra GSR (Stolen/Stripped n` Charlotte, NC)
- -Jan 18, 2002 - July 20, 2005
87 VW Fox - 4 speed - 40mpg
94 Accord EX Automatic
*VW Tech*
Old 05-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by SohcVtecTurboHB
why can't they see that? due to the sun glare? thats weird.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
alphanumericgt2 is on a distinguished road
gold and silver are nice to keep clean. darker colors tend to show more dirt and scratches. white and red are the two most popular colors with the cops.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by alphanumericgt2
gold and silver are nice to keep clean. darker colors tend to show more dirt and scratches. white and red are the two most popular colors with the cops.
for some reason i never liked red. red only looks cool on a ferrari or a lamborghini or some exotic.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Civic Ex (the $800 model ;))
Mods: yea... about that
JoeCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
heisdan is right on the money.

Btw, i just picked up a black car also... yea... its a whore to keep it looking good. I also don't get the full benefit of black paint looking sexy as hell because my paint is... well... shitty for lack of a better word.

I have always thought that champagne is a very easy color to keep clean... u know... any of those goldish colors.

Goodluck man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement