3 Integras, one man... - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > New Members Introduction Area

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Sugar Dunkerton is on a distinguished road
3 Integras, one man...

Hi my name is Cliff and here is the run down:
I have 3 Integras,and a whole slew of problems.
1rst is a 91 Ls, auto, Ive heard it all before trust me. But this was the first car I bought my self, and Id like to keep it for when I have a kid, its still a fun little car and I would have been stoked to have gotten that from my parents for my first car. It does have its cons, the previous owner was a collage kid who played one too many Need for Speed games, went out bought himself the first cheap little Integra he saw and RICED it the f#%k out. Don't get me wrong I like some of the additions but the guy didn't know what the hell he was doing, everything is half ass'ed. So you can imagine the snags there. I slowly have been working my way through and repairing what I can. But the Transmission went to shit on me. So that's now in my garage with a gutted out engine bay. when i pulled the transmission I noticed some thing peculiar in a motor mount, upon closer inspection all of my motor mounts were shot and just been covered in some kind of silicone and schlepped back in for the sale. So i figured while in there I may as well just pull it out and fix all the half ass-ery. So now its sitting in my garage gutted from the fire wall forward.
2nd is a completely stock donor car to the above mentioned car, it runs but just not too fantastically. But It does have all the little bits that you can never find at a Scrap yard. It was driven by a single mother with 3 teenage sons so the wear is definitely evident.
After I really got into Integras, i started doing my home work about lsVtech vs GS R etc. I decided I wanted to keep my LS how it was and build up a GS R. That's where the 3rd car comes in. I got a lucky break on a GS R in shitty condition, but a GS R none the less. So I stripped it bare and began the arduous task of restoration. About 1/2 through tragedy struck, in the form of a friend of a friend. Some dick that showed up with a friend of mine knew a little about b series shit and was quite enamored with my b18c6. When I turned down his offer to buy the car, I thought it no mind. After all any one that knows these cars would at least have their curiosity peaked. I quickly forgot about it, he how ever did not. A couple months later I after the friend who brought him over and I had a bit of a falling out, I came home to find my precious project violated in the worst way. The front and rear bumper were both damaged the rear one beyond salvation. The hatch window was broken out, and the car was filled with water, and lord knows what else. But the most heinous offense was under the hood. The motor, transmission, intake manifold, everything that was going to make my baby scream was torn out. I have to take a minute to clarify, this was not a considerate purely business type, professional extraction. This looked like they removed it using nothing but a pry bar, a pocket knife, and their malcontent. In the months since I have managed to track down some of the parts, but of those most were either too damaged or the price I would have to pay was far out of reach.
I don't want any charity, I'm not here for hand outs, I earn mine. I am here looking for knowledge, I don't know nearly enough about these cars but I am trying to learn. I know full well the fate that awaits the ignorant in these places. So when I post a question to which you feel the answer is so simple I must have been born yesterday, feel free to let me have it. Even the most insulting responses will carry some information that could prove useful. Also I am here to find to find resources, any Joe Schmo can type a few words into a search bar click on the first thing that pops up and pay some exorbitant amount for a part, only to then pay some one else an even more outlandish amount to install it. I need access to the places not just any one knows about. I have limited cash on hand, so I will be buying my parts one piece at a time, in some cases having to save up for a while. I would rather store my car, than just slap some piece of crap in it. Any books recommended would be helpful, I am fairly sharp, and retain things well. I just don't have any experience here. Before you even suggest it, I have the Chilton's, as well as all the service and repair manuals from 1990-2001 on hand as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement