'94 Accord EX - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > New Members Introduction Area

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1994 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Full exhaust.
RiskEverything is on a distinguished road
'94 Accord EX

Whats up everybody? Names David from Ohio, recently traded in my old car for another '94 Accord. I loved my previous one, and I love my new one just as well. It's got some rust I need to patch, and needs suspension and brake work. Basically been catching up on some much needed (and previously neglected) maintenance.

The juicey details are as follows:
2.2L F22B1 VTEC Engine.
5-speed manual transmission.

Rather than a fully built racing vehicle, I want a safe, reliable dailey with some mods. Following my playing "catch up" I plan on mostly cosmetic and audio. Got a full exhaust, a carbon fiber hood coming my way soon to throw on (off of my first Accord, which my buddy has, ironically). Head lights, tail lights, etc. Once I've got everything situated, mechanically and cosmetically I'll start on a mild build. Larger throttle body, header, the fun stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
hampsterblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskEverything View Post
Whats up everybody? Names David from Ohio, recently traded in my old car for another '94 Accord. I loved my previous one, and I love my new one just as well. It's got some rust I need to patch, and needs suspension and brake work. Basically been catching up on some much needed (and previously neglected) maintenance.

The juicey details are as follows:
2.2L F22B1 VTEC Engine.
5-speed manual transmission.

Rather than a fully built racing vehicle, I want a safe, reliable dailey with some mods. Following my playing "catch up" I plan on mostly cosmetic and audio. Got a full exhaust, a carbon fiber hood coming my way soon to throw on (off of my first Accord, which my buddy has, ironically). Head lights, tail lights, etc. Once I've got everything situated, mechanically and cosmetically I'll start on a mild build. Larger throttle body, header, the fun stuff.
What part of Ohio are you from? I'm living in Ohio too! Driving a 94 Honda Accord LX here. So how much has body work been for you. I've been considering getting the rust holes patched up and possibly putting new bumpers on mine, maybe a body kit. Been searching the market to see what these things run.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
hda
Noob

Car:
Mods:
hda is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard David!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade View Post
What part of Ohio are you from? I'm living in Ohio too! Driving a 94 Honda Accord LX here. So how much has body work been for you. I've been considering getting the rust holes patched up and possibly putting new bumpers on mine, maybe a body kit. Been searching the market to see what these things run.
Around 50 miles from Cleveland, in the Northeast Area, Ashtabula County. I prefer to cut cost and do body work myself, considering it's not all that terrible. If you're a do it yourselfer like myself, and try to save some coin, it's very cheap depending on how you want it done.

Seeing as it's going to be my dailey driver, and I'm on a tremendously tight budget.. I'll probably be using a combination of steel tape, duraglass, body filler, and rust inhibitor. The most expensive part of the job will be the paint.

If I were doing it up for show, I'd buy replacement panels on rockauto.com, which are still pretty cheap. Body kits are nice, and inexpensive if you look under the right rocks so to speak.

A big help, and a good investment would be a heat gun. You can use it for heat shrink after soldering (more efficient, and a cleaner look than electrical tape); stereos, bad connections, etc.

You can use it to make the bumper lips from your body kit more maluable to better form it to your existing bumper. Also, double-sided tape, and cable ties are a budgeters friend for a body kit.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hda View Post
Welcome aboard David!
Thank you, much appreciated!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
hampsterblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Around 50 miles from Cleveland, in the Northeast Area, Ashtabula County. I prefer to cut cost and do body work myself, considering it's not all that terrible. If you're a do it yourselfer like myself, and try to save some coin, it's very cheap depending on how you want it done.

Seeing as it's going to be my dailey driver, and I'm on a tremendously tight budget.. I'll probably be using a combination of steel tape, duraglass, body filler, and rust inhibitor. The most expensive part of the job will be the paint.

If I were doing it up for show, I'd buy replacement panels on rockauto.com, which are still pretty cheap. Body kits are nice, and inexpensive if you look under the right rocks so to speak.

A big help, and a good investment would be a heat gun. You can use it for heat shrink after soldering (more efficient, and a cleaner look than electrical tape); stereos, bad connections, etc.

You can use it to make the bumper lips from your body kit more maluable to better form it to your existing bumper. Also, double-sided tape, and cable ties are a budgeters friend for a body kit.
Very nice. I'll definitely have to look into the DIY options. I'm in the Athens area, soon moving to Dayton. Have a few friends up in Ashtabula though. RockAuto is a cool sight. I've ordered exhaust from there on old cars. Got my window motor and upper control arm there recently for less than 80 bucks.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Very cool, I'm getting 4 struts, rear rotors, and tie rod ends for under $300.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1999 Honda Civic VP
Mods:
DylanCivic is on a distinguished road
Nice post, any chance of posting some pics?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanCivic View Post
Nice post, any chance of posting some pics?
When I get some decent pics of it, I'll throw'em up here. Don't get your hopes up to high, haha, it's a little rough.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
kyokonitori88 is on a distinguished road
I bought my '94 Accord EX 4 cyl auto in July 2007, with 91K miles on it, had it for 2.5 years and it was great. A few problems occured, like the A/C went out, I replaced the exhaust sytem, the battery and a couple tires. For a car of its age, I didn't think that was too bad.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
When I get some decent pics of it, I'll throw'em up here. Don't get your hopes up to high, haha, it's a little rough.
for sure, and thats no problem you said you will be fixing that problem soon. just think of it as "before and after" pics.

i have some pics of my 99 civic vp up if youd like to check it out.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanCivic View Post
for sure, and thats no problem you said you will be fixing that problem soon. just think of it as "before and after" pics.

i have some pics of my 99 civic vp up if youd like to check it out.
Sweeeet, I'd love to see them.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
go to my profile and you should be able to see my album, i still need to find a nice grassy spot for my civic to give it a nice lil pose for the camera.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
here's a quick pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement