new guy with crx issues - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > New Members Introduction Area

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
circleburner is on a distinguished road
new guy with crx issues

Hi Guys, Im new to the forum and just been around Hondas for a little while so I am still learning. I was hoping someone can help me. I have 91 CRX that runs and starts perfect until you hit 3000 rpms. The car is all stock, no engine mods/swaps. It starts and idles normal and I can run 65mph down the road as long as I dont go over 3000 rpms. I am getting 16 flashes on the ECU which accoding to the charts I have seen shows its a fuel injector code. Checked injectors with meter and within range of what they call for. Its like its hitting a rev limitor or something or the ignition is cutting out. Everything seems to work and look correct. The muffler if off so it not a plugged exhaust. The car ran fine and was parked for a few months and now this is going on. I have checked all connections. Any ideas or help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!sosracer Um, 1 million? Damn!
I'm not sure if this would relate to you at all, but I drive an accord. If the oil gets too low, vtec wont activate and it'll set a limiter at 4k..

So my guess is check oil level. if it's low, fill er up and see if that fixes it. if it's fine, check Vtec screen filter. Vtec solenoid is at the back of the head, passenger side, and looks like a grey cylinder object thingy.. There's 3 bolts holding that on, and there's a screen inside. clean that and reinstall. If that didnt fix it, check the bottom of the oil pan for any dents.

Beyond this I wouldnt have a clue.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
look for corroded grounds under the hood, also you can probably get used injectors from a junk yard, or ebay for cheap. you might just try another set and see how it acts
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Mine does not have the vtech motor. I will try checking over all the ground wires. Thanks Guys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: Accord v6 2008 2dr 6Mt
Mods: rear wheel 38mm spacer
Tockay is on a distinguished road
Cycleburner
my Civic Si does exactly the same thing and it is related to oil pressure.
if your oil level is ok (im sure you checked it) you might have to check your oil pressure sensor.
code 16 related to injectors, i agree to check all gnd and try to run with higher octane fuel for a while and if you have a chance, clean fuel filter and injectors.
keep in touch !
Old 01-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Does you civic have the vtech motor? Where is the oil sensor on the 1.5 crx dx motor? and is there a way to test it. Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleburner View Post
Does you civic have the vtech motor? Where is the oil sensor on the 1.5 crx dx motor? and is there a way to test it. Thanks
i dont think there is one, i think he thinks you have a different engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement