2000 Honda Accord EGR - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum > Accord - V6

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX
Mods:
B Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these parts
2000 Honda Accord EGR

Im trying to get some info on what all has to come off of the intake to clean out the EGR port on a 3.0 ***** motor. Have replaced the egr valve and and still getting an error code. I know it has to be pulled apart to get inside to clean out the port, Any help would be great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2011 Accord EX
Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
http://www.verzend.be/v/1238695/egr_update.pdf.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
B Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these partsB Morris is infamous around these parts
2000 Accord EGr

Thanks for the informatiom. This will be a saturday job now that i have what is needed, Wife has owned the car sense 2000, Never recived any notice about this problem, I have replaced the egr valve once before about a year and a half ago before it got to 80,00 miles, Has 89 on it now. Thanks Again.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
you won't recieve anything in the mail about this. this is only if you come in to the dealer with a check engine light on and one or both of the codes (po401 p1491) are set.

since your at 89k, your right...your screwed! you dont need to drill the intake egr passage any larger and install the steel sleeve if your doing it on your own. just clean the passage and move on. you may need to clean it again, but probably not for 40,000 miles
Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
2000 Accord EGR

Thanks again, Im going to check on the sleeve anyway when i do this, Don't want to have to do it again for sometime, Wife runs the crap out of it anyway. In the next year or so im going to pull the motor and go through it.

Bill
Old 09-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
wtf...? PULL THE MOTOR? that's insane. that motor is a solid. that motor will never die if you don't abuse it. that trans is a different story though.

the egr passage doesn't have the steel sleeve installed yet. you get it when you buy the egr update kit. it also comes with an egr valve, no matter what. so....you'll have another egr valve if you buy the kit.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
EGR

Got the egr port cleaned out and back running now. Did a tune up on it while i had the top off the motor. The old plugs had a gap of 1.27 , It's running like a new car now with 101070 miles on it. Had a lot of carbon build up in the intake , The port was blocked tight. I have a question now about the cabin filter, Where inside does it go. I cannot find any information about it in any manual or from the parts stores. Can you help.
Thanks Bill
Old 09-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1999 Accord v6 coupe
Mods:
dastros22 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a pretty good diy write up http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...t=cabin+filter
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
kgram is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 96 Accord V-6 and its acts like my EGR port is acting up...Last weekend I took off the EGR chamber and metal gasket and cleaned a ton of carbon out of it..., but the motor is still acting up..Now I guess that I need to clean the port as well...how and what did you clean the port with..and did you take off the intake manifold or did you leave it on..any advise would be greatly appreciated...thanks, Micheal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement