oil change on Gen7 V6 accord. - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum > Accord - V6

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
vroomevo is an unknown quantity at this point
tech wrench oil change on Gen7 V6 accord.

Hello All. i am new to the honda forum!
My wife just bought 2005 V6 accord and i didn't get Manual that comes with the car!

my questions are

1>When do i need to change oil for the first time? break-in period?

2>What kind of oil do I use for Accord? heard honda recommend 5W20? i use 10W30 for my evo and i have plenty of 10W30 at home. can I use 10W30?

3>How many quartz do i put on V6 accord?

thank you for you help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1998 Honda Prelude
Mods: stock (for now)
Dennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendDennis316 Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
how many miles have you driven it already? you should change it at about 2500-3000 miles. when my car was breaking in, i changed it every 3k miles or less. You should use the recommended oil. on my accord it says it on the oil cap on top of the engine(5W-20). Try going to the dealership and asking the service people some questions or ask about getting a new manual. i think maybe its 5 or 5.5 quarts.
-Frame Sliders
-LeoVince Carbon Fiber slip-on
-Belly pan (on the way)
-Rear hugger (on the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpn98
The dad and brother probably made their own portrait, I could see it now, the grandpa is in back, the dad and son in front, and grandpa drapes his balls over their shoulders.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-30-2005, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
vroomevo is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the quick reply.
i think accord still has 400-500miles on it. so far, we baby the car(i hope my wife did too!)
so how long is the 'break in period' and when do i need to do first oil change?
anyone has extra manual laying around?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Chris_B is an unknown quantity at this point
3000 miles is too soon. Actually, most people I have seen recommend changing the break-in oil between 5000 and 7500 miles.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3207
Old 08-30-2005, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!divinewisdom Um, 1 million? Damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_B
3000 miles is too soon. Actually, most people I have seen recommend changing the break-in oil between 5000 and 7500 miles.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3207
5000-7000 sounds good.

you should really call up your salesperson and get the manual. sometimes they dont put the manual in the car, the sales guy has to bring it to you.

Superhonda Rumors/News
Get the latest car Rumors, News, and Future Vehicles.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
MTXJohn is an unknown quantity at this point
DO the new (7th gen) accords use crush washers for the oil change bolts? My 6th gen did, but I think hardly anyone knew about them and just kept reusing the stock crush washer........instead of using a new washer everytime...
Old 08-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Chris_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, they do use crush washers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTXJohn
DO the new (7th gen) accords use crush washers for the oil change bolts? My 6th gen did, but I think hardly anyone knew about them and just kept reusing the stock crush washer........instead of using a new washer everytime...
Old 08-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2011 Accord EX
Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
do not let your break-in oil last longer than 5000 miles, 4500 is a good point to start. it has happy little additives inside it.

after that it's highly recommended to use 5w20, using 4.6 qts with a new filter ever 3,500 miles. (newer style pcv system.) 01-05 civic interval is 10k!!!but...we still recommend 5k.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement