P1399 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum > Accord - V6

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX
Mods:
wildman009 is an unknown quantity at this point
P1399

Im stumped on this code, It's not even in the book, The wife called me last night and said the Honda was running ruff , hardley pull itself down the road, took her almost an hour to get home. Can any of yall give me any information about what im looking for. The code P1399 would be nice to know what im looking for.
B Morris
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Well, I don't guess anybody has any insight on that code, I know, it's not in the honda repair manuel, I guess i will take it to the honda shop monday. I beat my brane up on trying to figure this one out. Thanks again
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
well since you have access to the internet why didn't you do a google search for your code??

P1399 = Manufactures control Ignition system OR Misfire

with what your wife said this would be fairly accurate. I would suggest looking at the simple things like spark plugs, wires, things like that.

it's better to lease in this situation than it is to own

Old 11-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
I would if it had spakplug wires, It had coil packs setting on top of he plugs, It's a 2000 vtec 3.0 V-6
Old 11-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
then I would suggest pulling off the coil packs and looking for cracks. I would also suggest unplugging the coil packs 1 at a time to see if one of them is indeed bad. if you pull one and the engine idle gets worse(lower) then the coil pack is good. if the idle does not change then the coil pack is bad.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
pull the front bank of plugs, inspect the gap. though its unlikely that it would be the only problem, as youd see gas mileage go to crap before it would cause the car to barely run.

gap is usually .44 for honda engines. I think service limit is .60-.64? someone correct me if im wrong. my buddys mazda used .44, and when his gap got to .68 it would barely run under heavier throttle.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 11-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
I pulled each coil pack one at a time, nothing changed, It's going to the honda dealer monday so they can find out whats wronge with it, I put new plugs, Cleaned and replaced the EGR valve, new catalytic converter & O2 sensor,, Im done with it, It's been a great car, she bought it new in 2000, like anything mechanical, things go wrong.
Thanks for the information.
Bill
Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Mods:
you put in all that money just to find the problem with no real diagnoses? that's just a shot in the dark, throwing money down the drain hoping you're right. I would be upset if I did that and nothing worked. which I'm sure by now you are.

I would have at least done a pressure test or leak down if I went through the injectors, spark plugs, and vacuum lines and found nothing before spending all that money on what you did.

good luck man.

Last edited by RedWabbit; 11-20-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
People just don't try to fix things anymore. They want an instant resolution to their issues, and no bullshit. To the point they will even go into debt to get it.

Fail at trial and error, fail at logical thought, fail at being a man. Congrats.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Guys, I did a compresison test and checked the fuel pressure also Everything was close enough to spects on the compres test, I worked for chevy for 23 years as a mechanic. This is not my first rodeo with a car.without a diag scope, My little scanner don't stand up to a real scope.
Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
In testing the compression, It was between 164 & 157 PSI, The fuel pressure is 45 psi, As far at the cat & O2 sensor, I was gatting a p0420, and decided to change the cat & o2 sensor, Not being at a dealer anymore, I didn't have the equipment to test the injectors. And don't knock my being a chevy mech for 23 years, My chevy truck has 2 47000 miles on it and doesn't use or drop any oil, It is also running 75 psi oil pressure on a 95 deg day, I do take care of my cars.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
misfires are can be attributed directly to the actual ignition system, EGR issues, OR leaks in the intake system associated with the IM. my mothers camry is having the same issue.

p.s. stay on topic ladies since this is a trouble shooting thread. your senseless bickering and pissing contests will go nowhere.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2006 Civic Si
Mods: I/H/E-Tuned, TWM SS and bushings, Eibach Sportlines, and some visuals
Aeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problem
Like said above your ignition system should be checked first but also check your MAP sensor. It doesn't seem like a likely cause but according to identifix, this has been found to fix the problem even with no codes thrown for a faulty MAP sensor. I would honestly save that for later. Try taking her to a dealer and find out which cylinder(s) actually have the misfire. This should lead you very close to your problem. Don't have them fix just get misfire data for ya

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Old 11-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscout977 View Post
Edit: one second...

for what?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2006 Civic Si
Mods: I/H/E-Tuned, TWM SS and bushings, Eibach Sportlines, and some visuals
Aeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problemAeroscout977 has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
for what?
I'm at work and answered my own question when the rest of the page loaded on my phone. I've since edited the post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement