Acura RSX? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > RSX Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Withers is on a distinguished road
Acura RSX?

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. In the next 4-5 months I will be needing a new car. I was originally only looking at a 4 door sedan, but, apparently insurance will stay the same with a 2 door. I really like the look of the RSX and am wondering if you think that would be a wise choice for me? I drive an 03 escape and I really would like a car instead + it will be needing a new coil shortly and has 255k on it. I also was looking at the 04 Civic SI but I'm assuming insurance would kill me on a 2 door honda. I love the RSX just wondering if you have any other car suggestions. Mostly city driving, sometimes highway mostly just around town.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
also, can someone tell me why my insurance is cheaper on a type s? does it not have a bigger engine in it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?
The Type-S is considered a sports car, so the base model would be cheaper on ins., plus if it's for mostly city driving, I'd seriously consider getting an automatic. They surely are beautiful cars, though. The Type-S has higher compression pistons; both it and the base have the same engine besides this, I believe, and the same quarter-mile times. You get a six speed in the S, which is sometimes a bitch in city driving. A 5-speed base might be a better option, if you hate auto. I pay $136.XX a month for my '03 Type-S (full coverage) and my '95 Del Sol SI (liability). Of course, my record's perfect and I'm 50 years old, so....Progressive is my provider, fuck Allstate! Check with Progressive.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
thanks for the reply man. people have kinda gotten it in my head that manual is cooler/better for young kids...is there any point in modding automatic cars??
Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?
The RSX is pretty much perfect "out of the box". Suspension/rims/a CAI is all I'm doing/did, so far, to mine. Well, besides a stronger clutch and a lightened flywheel. Put your money in the suspension first. My Honda'a a fucking legal go-cart with the suspension parts I have on it. There's the thing, though: do you want "bling" or driving a 45mph twisty road at 90mph+ with no screech from the tires. I have gold 17' volk mark 5's on the RSX, and they're perfect with the artic blue. Don't lower it if you go with 17's.
Base model automatic's are cool with me...I just don't like the autos' "lag" compared to manual, but I don't have to deal with city type driving too much, so I love the manual.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBallz View Post
The Type-S is considered a sports car, so the base model would be cheaper on ins., plus if it's for mostly city driving, I'd seriously consider getting an automatic. They surely are beautiful cars, though. The Type-S has higher compression pistons; both it and the base have the same engine besides this, I believe, and the same quarter-mile times. You get a six speed in the S, which is sometimes a bitch in city driving. A 5-speed base might be a better option, if you hate auto. I pay $136.XX a month for my '03 Type-S (full coverage) and my '95 Del Sol SI (liability). Of course, my record's perfect and I'm 50 years old, so....Progressive is my provider, fuck Allstate! Check with Progressive.
this is not true.... type S has better cams and dohc vtec... the base has vtec-e on the intake cam like the 05 si(k20a3)... i don't even think their cam degree phasing is the same. i know the type-s does 50 degrees +/- not sure if the base does that. their 1/4 mile times are not the same either... the type s will hit mid 14's with basic boltons and responds much better to mods. the base's vtec-e is for economy and nothing more.

K20A VTEC breakdown

btw i just switched from progressive to geico over progressive like 3 days ago. saved me $30/mo on my car insurance.

Last edited by Darkness; 01-12-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
The RSX is pretty much perfect "out of the box". Suspension/rims/a CAI is all I'm doing/did, so far, to mine. Well, besides a stronger clutch and a lightened flywheel. Put your money in the suspension first. My Honda'a a fucking legal go-cart with the suspension parts I have on it. There's the thing, though: do you want "bling" or driving a 45mph twisty road at 90mph+ with no screech from the tires. I have gold 17' volk mark 5's on the RSX, and they're perfect with the artic blue. Don't lower it if you go with 17's.
Base model automatic's are cool with me...I just don't like the autos' "lag" compared to manual, but I don't have to deal with city type driving too much, so I love the manual.
damn you're 50?!?!?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATISTANG View Post
damn you're 50?!?!?
Where'd this come from?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Where'd this come from?
idk, i thought you were about 30
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
lol
Old 01-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
I believe in the "Peter Pan" principal. Haven't checked Geico, but Allstate upped my rate to almost twice of what I'm paying now, (after 20+/- years of
customer "loyalty"/no claims), and this with just liability on both the Honda/Nissan 200 SX SE, which certainly isn't a sports car.
I was just trying to steer the dude in a right direction. Allstate sucks balls. Progressive, even with full coverage on the RSX, is pretty cheap.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Grange is the cheapest i've found

i pay about $85 a month for full coverage on 03 Tacoma TRD and 11 Mustang GT
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
I believe in the "Peter Pan" principal. Haven't checked Geico, but Allstate upped my rate to almost twice of what I'm paying now, (after 20+/- years of
customer "loyalty"/no claims), and this with just liability on both the Honda/Nissan 200 SX SE, which certainly isn't a sports car.
I was just trying to steer the dude in a right direction. Allstate sucks balls. Progressive, even with full coverage on the RSX, is pretty cheap.
oh i know. it's funny because when i got a quote 1.5 years ago.... geico was the most expensive for me...
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Damn...haven't been here in awhile. I have to post some pics of my beast! ('03 RSX-S). Someone point me....
EDIT: Darkness...you have the powa!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

i think you're the only active remaining member lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement