JBL? Good brand? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Appearance & Sound > Car Audio & Electronics

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 93 Civic EX Sedan
Mods: Si wheels, clear corners, red/clear tails, angel eye projectors, indiglo gauges, Eibach springs, some interior detailing, Aiwa head unit, 2 JL Audio 10"s, Alpine Amp,
CivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whore
Question JBL? Good brand?

I just bought 2 JBl 10's in a box with a 300w amp for $100. I was just wondering if JBL was a good brand, and if i got ripped off.

~Manda
My Car...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2002, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: Produce Clerk
Mods:
MikeKid is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a good brand... I used to have one GT 12" in a ported box in my CRX, and It bumped really hard.... But if you are considering the Loud+Clear series... don't get them... they're crap...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-2002, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
AV6er is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah their good, i'd only get GT or better, above statement about loud and clear is correct. the gt's are pretty damn cheap too, i had a gt 10 in my grandcherokee, i have since then had a JL 10w0 and a jl 10w3d4 and the jbl was better than the 10w0 but no comparing it too the 10w3d4, hope this helps, if you have a tight bugdet i'd definitly get the JBL GT class sub, good freq. response and clean bass.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Mods: Si wheels, clear corners, red/clear tails, angel eye projectors, indiglo gauges, Eibach springs, some interior detailing, Aiwa head unit, 2 JL Audio 10"s, Alpine Amp,
CivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whoreCivicChik93 is a rep whore
Well, i've already got them..how am i sposed to know if they're GT tho? IMO, they sound pretty good, I wasnt lookin for the perfect system, just sumthin loud w/ a lil boom. I was just wonderin if they were a good brand and if $100 was a good price for 2 10's and an amp in a box. thanks for the replies tho

~Manda
My Car...
Old 03-27-2002, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
2 subs and an amp for a hundred bucks? what kind of amp is that, the subs have to be loud and clears
Old 03-27-2002, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

It's a Jensen 300w amp. I've heard it was a crappy brand but its what came with the subs, and after i bought it all i didnt have anough money to go buy another amp..so i have to deal with it whether its crappy or not.

~Manda
My Car...
Old 03-28-2002, 03:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
mls
Dark Samurai

Car:
Mods:
mls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to beholdmls is a splendid one to behold
JBL, super dooper good brand! Wouldnt buy much else over JBL, maybe Harman Kardon or BOSE, but all thems are basically on the same level.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 92 JDM Prelude VTEC
Mods: HKS Jasma cat back, HKS super power flow filter, Ractive chrome intake, Momo sport 17-7.5, Momo 10"steering wheel, Momo fighter gear knob, Remote start...and loads of ICE
CrazyUKLuder is an unknown quantity at this point
JBL....Just Bloody Loud.....yer all my speakers and subs are JBL....excellent sound on speakers and subs, but i dont rate the amps too well.....had nothing but probs wiv em so i changed em for alpine V12's.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car:
Mods:
UCRaccordV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
io think its a decent brand
Old 03-29-2002, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 2001 Accord Coupe LX
Mods: Multimedia System with DD Surround
dohctor is an unknown quantity at this point
JBl is one of the best buys for your money. They are also known for their "bite" It's a term that means they reproduce the a sound morel iek what you'd hear at live events... (which makes sense because a lot of pro louspeakers are JBL. BTW JBL is owned by Harman which makes Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, JVC, and possibly another brand.
Old 03-29-2002, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: what car??
Mods: modifications..hrm..
GSteg has a spectacular aura aboutGSteg has a spectacular aura aboutGSteg has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicChik93
It's a Jensen 300w amp. I've heard it was a crappy brand but its what came with the subs
eerrr...sorry, jensen is not a crappy brand. you just hear a lot of people saying that. people don't know how to use the product and simply ruins it and assume it's cheap because its their own goddamn fault for breaking it. sorry for being so rude.
Old 03-29-2002, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

ok, well now i know that ive gott good speakers and a good amp....did i pay too much for it or what?

~Manda
My Car...
Old 03-30-2002, 05:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicChik93
did i pay too much for it or what?
a $100?, hell no, thats cheap.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 97 Accord
Mods:
cryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHOcryogen97 Is quite a popular one around SHO
They're a solid company. Lots of people like 'em. Personally, they've never impressed me to the point where I'd buy anything that they make. I think there are better products in other companies, but there is also worse you can get.

go: h22a, MT, i/h/e
turn: Apexi WS dampers, ST sways, CF strut tie bar, falken azenis st-115 225/40/18
ice: WinXP, 7" molded touch screen, gps, wifi
style: CF/stealth
Moderator: Accord forum | My Photopost
www.Cryogen97.net for your DIY needs (hopelessly neglected)
Old 03-30-2002, 10:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Aight then...thats cool, and cryogen97, I know they aint the best...but i wasnt lookin for anything like rockfort fosgate or anything. I'm lokin to rattle the doors off my car w/ bass, i just want to be able to play my radio loud..with a lil bump..and not be made fun of. And i succeeded, i've actyally had alot of people want to buy them from me...but i dont think i'll be able to find a deal like that again...so i'm keepin them. Thanks for the info yall! I appreciate it!

~Manda
My Car...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement