How to clean cold air intake filter? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Appearance & Sound > Auto Detailing

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 95 Civic
Mods: cold air inake,dc 4-2-1 sports,cat back full exhuast
locomex4life16 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to clean cold air intake filter?

How do you clean the filter from your intake?And how often?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
Falcon21 is a glorious beacon of lightFalcon21 is a glorious beacon of lightFalcon21 is a glorious beacon of lightFalcon21 is a glorious beacon of lightFalcon21 is a glorious beacon of light
Go buy a cleaning kit for a K&N, or if the company who made your filter makes a kit you could get that. Then follow the directions in the kit. It will involve washing out your filter and then oiling it back up with the stuff in the kit.
Midpipe
Racing Beat dual tip muffler
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon21
Go buy a cleaning kit for a K&N, or if the company who made your filter makes a kit you could get that. Then follow the directions in the kit. It will involve washing out your filter and then oiling it back up with the stuff in the kit.
exactly what i got. came with two bottles.. i think one was to clean and the other was to oil it back up. when i was cleaning my air intake filter, i wasn't sure how much oil to spray on it. i didn't want to put on too little and i hope i didn't put on too much..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!ensigma Bow down before me!
oh yeah, i don't think Auto Detailing is the best forum to post this thread under

Old 11-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: Honda
Mods:
DrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problemDrivinVtec has a Rep problem
i just put enough oil till I covered all the filter. all it does i think is catch the shit from going in. worked fine for me
Old 11-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
blargonator is an unknown quantity at this point
don't put much oil on it, its takes hours for the oil to get through the whole thing. apparently K&N only puts on quick bead and that goes through the whole thing. just remember.....it takes time
Old 12-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 91 crx & 02 Si
Mods: Crx paint and swap, Trading 02 Si for Newer Civic Ex
Skunk91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation

INjen 3 inch cone filers are 53 dollars

K&N make a 3 inch cone i can just clean ?

2002 Honda Civic Si: Injen intake, header, skunk2 race springs, Skunk2 shift knob, Skunk2 Catback system, White 17 inch buddy club P1's wrapped in nitto 555's and black angeleye Headlights

1991 Honda Crx Dx: Stripped down , motor pulled and going to cut up and Slam it to rub Rockers on ground

Pics Of my Honda's
Old 12-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
sandstorm will become famous soon enough
buy the k&n recharger kit .. works well, just don't overoil.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 95 EX accord
Mods:
XprincoX is a splendid one to beholdXprincoX is a splendid one to beholdXprincoX is a splendid one to beholdXprincoX is a splendid one to beholdXprincoX is a splendid one to beholdXprincoX is a splendid one to behold
yup kits like $8 at walmart

Old 01-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
Ive gone through 3 kits of that stuff. If you have a k+n type element , your good to go.

Spray on , let soak.

Spray from the inside out , to wash dirt out of filter , not back into it.

Should look whitish afterwards.

Then reoil until its nice and purple again. You basically want to shoot a line down each pleat, guess you can call it that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement