98 Accord - H22 Engine swap no tranny - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > Hybrid | JDM

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
gino0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking 98 Accord - H22 Engine swap no tranny

Running a 98 Accord LX

- As i read in the thread "H22 FAQ", is it ture i can just bolt on a JDM H22 engine with my exsisting F23 tranny?
Btw im gettin my engine from http://www.topendmotorsports.com/eng...h22/index.html the JDM H22a DOHC VTEC Engine (92-95)

- Can i use my old ECU or do i gotta to find a new one?

- Which Header do i use the H22(Prelude) or the F23(Accord)?

- Which Intake do i use the H22(Prelude) or the F23(Accord)?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
smakdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, you can use your f23 tranny with the h22 but i would highly recommend you don't and get a h22 or h23 tranny.

You need a prelude ECU (p13).

Prelude header and intake (unless you already have an aftermarket accord intake which you could make fit the h22 if you didn't want to spend more money on a lude one).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
read the h22 faq in the accord forum.

h22 tranny would be the best, but f23 tranny will bolt right up.

6gen accords require a custom mount. call place racing inc. in irwindale, CA. for the mount.

you will need an ecu for the h22.

your car is obd2, the motor you want to get is obd1. while it is possible to swap it. it's a VERY big headache to do so. i suggest getting an obd2 h22.

the prelude and accord have different intake mounting positions, so if you want a clean fit, get an accord cold air intake. short ram intakes don't matter as much

h22 header. the f23 header won't even bolt up to the head. you will have to modify the rear section however to bolt to the cat.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
gino0 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think imma just gunnna save a few extra buck and get the H22(97+) Tranny and Engine. I know i need the engine mount. What About the Tranny? Will it just bolt on?
Old 04-17-2005, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
you will need the prelude tranny bracket. there's a combination of oem pieces that work, but i forgot exactly what it was. i remember buying accord MT mounts, but using a prelude tranny bracket.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement