Single Cam S2K - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > S2000 Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: LS1 S2000
Mods: Caged - VIS CF Hardtop BBS Wheels - H&R Coilovers NRG Hub+Wheel Corbeau Seats Wire Tuck - Shaved Bay Custom Gauges LS1/T56 Swap - 8.8 IRS Diff Manual Steering
Ericb is on a distinguished road
Single Cam S2K

I bought my S2000 in February of 2012, shortly after selling my LS1 RX7. I had always wanted an S2K, but the car just lacked the power and gas mileage I was used to with the RX7. The s2000 was all stock with the exception of a 4.77 gear.

While the car still had the stock motor in it and I was still driving the car, I upgraded a few areas. I added a VIS CF Top, BBS Wheels, H&R Coilovers, Corbeau Seats, NRG Steering Wheel and Hub, Invidia Exhaust and a Comptech Intake

At this point the car was extremely loud and obnoxious but still lacked power. So I went to work and started preparing the car for the swap.

I shaved the bay and tucked any wiring out of sight. Added a stock LS1 from a 04 Corvette along with a built T56 from a 02 Camaro. The rear end was taken from an 04 Cobra and the stock Ford axles will be used. Drive Shaft Shop modified a pair of new hubs for me to allow the Ford axles to be used.

I plan to do some autocross and 1/4 mile with the car so I installed a cage.

The LS1 with T56 trans weighs 166 pounds more than the F20c drivetrain, so Ive tried to save weight were possible to keep the car close to stock weight and 50/50.

I removed the stock gas tank and installed a fuel cell mounted in the lower part of the trunk. Im using an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, stock Corvette FPR/Filter, and -8 AN line throughout. This setup weighs about the same as stock but is located lower and farther back to help with weight distribution.

The stock cluster had to be ditched since I would not be using the stock steering rack. Autometer Digital Gauges replaced the stock Cluster and a Manual Mustang Rack and Pinion replaced the stock rack.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: Rogers Mom
Mods: condom
NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!
Wow, this has to be the best thread in 3 years. Nice work!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Mods: Caged - VIS CF Hardtop BBS Wheels - H&R Coilovers NRG Hub+Wheel Corbeau Seats Wire Tuck - Shaved Bay Custom Gauges LS1/T56 Swap - 8.8 IRS Diff Manual Steering
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaPPyDUgout01 View Post
Wow, this has to be the best thread in 3 years. Nice work!
Thanks. There is still lots left for me to do to the S2K. I need to mount the steering rack, install rear hubs, make mounts for rear diff, make headers, make exhaust, and finish welding the cage.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
looking good, when do you think it will be back on the road?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericb View Post
Thanks. There is still lots left for me to do to the S2K. I need to mount the steering rack, install rear hubs, make mounts for rear diff, make headers, make exhaust, and finish welding the cage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATISTANG View Post
looking good, when do you think it will be back on the road?
Go help him, youre both in Ohio. Make new friends. Please
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Go help him, youre both in Ohio. Make new friends. Please
i would, but i dont even have time to work on my own stuff
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
i would, but i dont even have time to work on my own stuff
Same here, im busy helping a friend with a LS3 M3 that we need to take on a road trip this weekend and helping my brother with his LS1 FD that will soon have a turbo. And before my car can get back into the garage a friends car needs to be LS1 swapped but he has yet to decide what kind of car he wants.

I would love to get my car done this year and be able to drive it but it wont be practical in the cold. It has no blower motor, and the current tires are not very good in cold weather. I plan to have it done and driving with all bugs worked out before the tracks open next year.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

plus this guy is way too into chevy power plants
Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
plus this guy is way too into chevy power plants
I haven't always been a Chevy powered fan. I was really into the civics for a few years. The last one I built was a 99 si with a b16b swap, 14.5:1 compression with big cams.

I would kinda like to stay NA on this build, I've been throwing around the idea of running ITB's
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Quote:
I haven't always been a Chevy powered fan. I was really into the civics for a few years. The last one I built was a 99 si with a b16b swap, 14.5:1 compression with big cams.

I would kinda like to stay NA on this build, I've been throwing around the idea of running ITB's
ATIStang is a super ford homo is the point.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
ATIStang is a super ford homo is the point.
I figured he liked mustangs...I like them too, LS1's fit nicely in them!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

lol
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Quote:
I figured he liked mustangs...I like them too, LS1's fit nicely in them!
yeah, a lot of people who's dad is also their brother do that for some reason
Old 10-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

One more step closer than yesterday...

Got a package from DSS:

They are OEM S2K Hubs with Cobra splines in the center. Also got some new bearings, extended studs and some open ended lug nuts.

Hopefully I can get these installed this weekend and then mount my 8.8 diff.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

Finally got around to working on the car this past weekend. Removed the front subframe and started cutting away at it. I cut the front of it off flush and welded a flat material in its place. Should be mounting the steering rack next weekend.

Also got around to mounting the Taylor Battery box, ill eventually get around to adding a cutoff switch to make it a little more track legal. Since im running a fuel cell I've thought about hiding the cutofff switch behind the gas door, and removing the door on race days.

Fuel Cell was a tight fit but I was able to get it mounted. Its a 10 Gallon, I could probably go with a tank that is 10" wider and possibly get 16 Gallons in it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement