custom paint job - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Honda Motorcycle Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2003, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
timmons1 is an unknown quantity at this point
custom paint job

same piece of shit 92 cbr 600 i mentioned in another post

any one have any good ideas for custom paint jobs with maybe some pics.

since it doesn't run right now, i have all of the plastic stripped off, looking for some cool ideas

i was thinking urban camo, but i can't find any bikes for a reference. it may sound gay, but i saw it in a ruff riders vid, and it looked sweet.

thanx for your help

timmons
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
ideas

links

anything???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Del La Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
are you going to do it yourself or get a paint shop to do it? my gixxer has all rashed plastics and i'm getting a new set, but in the mean time just for the hell of it i'm sanding them all down and gonna see what i can do with a home made spray paint can job, i've seen some people get decent results and it should be fun i like experimenting and doing stuff myself... but since i'm getting new body work anyways that kinda gives me more freedom to work and not care if i fuck up... i'd say go with a solid color to save money, i've seen some very nice looking all silver CBR's
Old 01-29-2003, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 09 Sloccord
Mods:
illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
If you don't mind taking it all apart yourself, I'd strip the bike completely, take all the plastics off(take the signals and extra toys off), and tank and do a little wet sanding to prep them, then take them down to a paint shop, and you can get a decent squirting for $300-500. Then strip the motor and all the other guts out and go get an aluminum polishing kit and polish your frame and swing arm nice dark paint job(like black cherry, or any darker shade) with a polished frame and swing arm is gorgeous.

or you can go with an apeshit paint job, just some bikes I found online.

big picture so just a link, polished frame and swing arm
http://zx-7.netholic.com/myzx7pics/kawasaki3.jpg

same big with new paint
http://zx-7.netholic.com/myzx7pics/mykawa2.jpg

and the before pic
http://zx-7.netholic.com/myzx7pics/kawa1.jpg

There's a guy somewhere around my neighborhood that has a 954 with black powdercoated frame and swing arm with a black bike, it looks freaking vicious.

older vtr

another vtr, silver with polished looks nice too

09 Slowccord LX-P
Pioneer AVIC F90-BT
Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Polk MM6501 F/ MM651R on PA D4000.4
Sundown SA-15 on Alpine MRX M110
Morimoto Mini StgIII Retro

'14 Laguna Blue Stingray
Old 01-29-2003, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
i have thought about polishing the frame, but i think on my bike, not enough of it shows with all the fairings on for it to be worth while.

i have a friend who can do unbelievable things with an air brush. he can paint like a mother fucker. i am gonna have him do it. i have already sanded down most of the plastic, and am just waiting for the idea to come to me as to how to paint it.

thanx for the replys, keep em coming if yall have more input to help me out

timmons
Mugen front lip
Shaved side moldings
15" Rota C8's
Alpine Indash dvd/lcd
Alpine alarm
2 12" Rockford HE's
Rockford 300S Amp
Old 02-02-2003, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
natisol is an unknown quantity at this point

this is my bike, take it for what it's worth, some people don't like it, but I love it, so its cool to me.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si HB, 97 GSX-R, 91 Mustang GT
Mods:
GirlRacerSiK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: custom paint job

Quote:
Originally posted by timmons1
it may sound gay, but i saw it in a ruff riders vid, and it looked sweet.
BE ORIGINAL.... DON'T COPY I THINK ITS GAY!--(TO COPY)

'Its better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!!!'
Old 02-13-2003, 02:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
i wouldn't call it a "copy"

more of a jumping off point

plus, i can't find one like it anywhere

so maybe i really didn't see it in the vid.

regardless, i am in iowa, so no one would know if i did take someone elses idea any way.

come to think of it, i really wouldnt give a fuck if they did, i liked it, that is all that matters

timmons
Mugen front lip
Shaved side moldings
15" Rota C8's
Alpine Indash dvd/lcd
Alpine alarm
2 12" Rockford HE's
Rockford 300S Amp
Old 02-13-2003, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1991 Honda Civic Si HB, 97 GSX-R, 91 Mustang GT
Mods:
GirlRacerSiK is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by timmons1
regardless, i am in iowa, so no one would know if i did take someone elses idea any way.
HAHAHA :laff:

'Its better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!!!'
Old 02-14-2003, 03:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: Student
Mods:
Si2See is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey if I had a bike and i took all the steps to painting it except used a krylon spray can all black no stickers or nothing just solid black and while it is down polish the frame and all other parts. Would the bike look close enough to having a real paint job cause I wanna see it all black before I actually paid to get it done professionally.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Del La Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Si2See
Hey if I had a bike and i took all the steps to painting it except used a krylon spray can all black no stickers or nothing just solid black and while it is down polish the frame and all other parts. Would the bike look close enough to having a real paint job cause I wanna see it all black before I actually paid to get it done professionally.
it depends... its all about the quality and time put into the prep work, if you wanna get a awesome paint job out of a can its gonna take a TON of careful and thorough prepping and careful painting... if you get a F2 or F3 theres not much sense in polishing the frame since the fairings cover it all up, and its a real pain in the ass to do yourself
Old 02-14-2003, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: Student
Mods:
Si2See is an unknown quantity at this point
I am hoping to get an f4 thats what I want like a 99 f4 or 2000. Would it be pointless then? And see I have a buddy of mine in hopewell who can polish and do everything for me he did all his own. Then I have a guy who is gonna paint my bike for me dirt dirt cheap like basically for free I just buy the paint and real paint not in a can. He doesnt do bad he hasnt ever painted a car or anything yet but he painted a frame or a bicycle for me gsr blurple color and it came out sweet. The main thing is take my time and do the prep work I guess the same guy who polishes is gonna help me with that. I want my bike a really shiny solid black before I even ride it pretty much thats why I am asking all of this now so thats why I want a lot of polished stuff cause all black with a lot of polished looks so good imo. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement