how fast have u gone on your bike? - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Honda Motorcycle Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2004, 01:09 AM   #31 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
[kp]lude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedriver99
Also if the speedo says 185 plus you're probably going more like over 170 mph. 600's nowadays will do 160 easy. Real mens bikes go faster than 150-160 trust me! I swear the RR would do 70 in 1st, 110 in 2nd, 135 in 3rd, 150 in 4th, 170 in 5th and 185 in 6th, honestly no bs! 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, the dude with the R1 in here knows what I'm screaming guaranteed!
if u mean me then i did . show me where i can host a pic, and ill show u what my R1 looks like now. still rollin my R6 tho.
2001 Yamaha R1 - 151 rwhp. thats more than your civic *R.I.P.*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Del La Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
none of the 600's will touch 170... high 150's maybe, low 160's if you got a really good motor and weight like 120 lbs full tuck
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
On Blakes Nuts

Car: 1999 Honda Prelude Type SH
Mods: To many to remember or type for that matter!
preludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peons
600 cc = learner bike!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
i wouldn't say that... the new 600's are the most competitive class out there in racing, and now a days are the exact same bike as the 1000's with just a little less motor... i wouldn't suggest anyone start on a new 600
Old 07-18-2004, 10:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
On Blakes Nuts

preludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peonspreludedriver99 Hello down there miniscule peons
What should they start on then a ninja 250. Think they know how to ride and step up from a slow ass 2 cylinder bike to a inline 4. 600's are way safer and more stable then any 250 or 500 cc bike you can buy here in the states. Now over seas the aprilla's are pretty bad but you don't see a whole lot of them around here being a 2 stroke!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car:
Mods:
you couldn't be more wrong

thats exactly what they should do, start on a 250... you have sooooo much room for error on that thing you'd have to be looking for trouble to screw up... but even someone with good intentions could get into trouble fast on a new 600

i "started" on a 1995 cbr600 which i think is the absolute most anyone should start on, but i got the bare basics down in a parking lot on a old 81' CB450... do i know people that have started on a brand new 600+ cc bike and survived? yes... have any of them done it with out dropping it atleast once? no... its not only the safety thing, but why not get your newbie mistakes out of the way on a not perfect 250 or older 600 instead of on a brand new shiney soon to no longer be mint condition bike off the showroom floor

also if you start on a brand new 600, those thing's potential is so far out of a beginners reach that you won't learn nearly as much, since your riding in "survival mode" all the time, where as on a 250 or older 600 you can be pushing the bike and yourself so much closer to your limits with out so much fear of the bike punishing you and thats how you learn... thats why i went back to a 600 for the track and racing, sure i can ride my 1000 on the track just fine but i'm not going absolute 100%, i think i'll get alot better by riding the piss out of a 600

besides the market for a 250 or used 600 is HUGE, the biggest market for selling a bike in my opinion, so if you think you've out grown it after a month of riding it i bet you can get your money and then some out of it with less than a week's ad in the paper... but as for trying to sell a nearly new 600, not going to happen unless your willing to take a instantaneous 2,000$ depreciation hit, and more than that if you dropped it at all

how did we get on this anyways, as for how fast i'll know for sure, taking out my buddies GPS unit tomorrow on some straights if its not raining
Old 07-20-2004, 10:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
On Blakes Nuts

I was just stating the way I felt. I personally rode my buddies fzr 600 after I had ridden my 900 RR for about 7 thousand miles. I was scared to death on the fzr. Felt like I was riding on 10 speed tires!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
AEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludedriver99
I was just stating the way I felt. I personally rode my buddies fzr 600 after I had ridden my 900 RR for about 7 thousand miles. I was scared to death on the fzr. Felt like I was riding on 10 speed tires!

You shouldn't be scared on your first bike. That's why most of the mistakes that gets newbies killed happen. Just think, a newbie comes up on a car too fast and grabs a handful of brake, he'll flip it. Newbie let's out the clutch a little too fast and the bike takes off...he turn the throttle more when he get's jerked back. He ends up looping it.

Those same situations won't end as badly on a 250 as they would on a 600.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
[kp]lude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEgeus
You shouldn't be scared on your first bike. That's why most of the mistakes that gets newbies killed happen. Just think, a newbie comes up on a car too fast and grabs a handful of brake, he'll flip it. Newbie let's out the clutch a little too fast and the bike takes off...he turn the throttle more when he get's jerked back. He ends up looping it.

Those same situations won't end as badly on a 250 as they would on a 600.
the day that you dont get scared is the day u should stop riding. at least thats how i see it. respect the motorcycle, dont try to conquer it.
2001 Yamaha R1 - 151 rwhp. thats more than your civic *R.I.P.*
Old 07-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
AEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud ofAEgeus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by [kp]lude
the day that you dont get scared is the day u should stop riding. at least thats how i see it. respect the motorcycle, dont try to conquer it.

Who says you have to be scared to respect the power of a motorcycle?

The way I see it is some people just have more brains than others. Some people just don't belong a bike either.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 95' G20 / 89' Accord LX
Mods: just audio thus far.......
ElementalG20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fastest I've been was a speedo indicated 155-160ish on a 96' Honda VFR750, totally stock. I'm guessing a touch over 145 rear world at best. Still plenty darn fast!

I sold that bike, and I'm actually considering buying an older VF500F(500cc V-four sport bike) to learn all over again on, to improve upon what I've got now, that when when I can afford to own a newer bike I'll have an even better idea of what I'm doing. Top speed is a thrill, but carving through corners at 100mph plus is even better........cant wait till I can drag my knees.........and better yet, do it without fear
Old 08-14-2004, 08:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 95 integra
Mods: under construction
lshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sadlshybrid195 is sad...just sad
120 mph on my gf 93 gsxr 750
Old 08-14-2004, 11:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: '68 Mustang notchback, '84 Mustang SVO
Mods: More than can feasibly fit on this line
Honda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problemHonda_Guy has a Rep problem
~90mph on a dirt road riding my '92 CR250 when I had it. 20mph cross wind made it kind of hairy. I got a '95 XR600 today, but have to sort out the carb before any speed runs.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #44 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1990 Honda Accord
Mods: 1990 Accord LX, 95 JDM H22, DC Headers, AEM Cold Air Intake, Tokico Suspension, Strut Bars
xzonie is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2001 ZX-9R and had it at 178 on the speedo, so I am guessing it was actually about 160ish or so. Tell ya what tho, when the little dashed line on the road turns in to one solid one cause of speed it is a great feelin. What a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AEM Cold Air Intake
Tokico Suspension
Strut Bars

2001 ZX-9R (For Sale)
Jetted
Muzzy race header
Muzzy race exhaust
Old 09-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: Integra Type R
Mods: ARC Intake Chamber, DC Headers, HKS exhaust, Tein HA damper kit, Apexi RMS
kwanjai has a spectacular aura aboutkwanjai has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEgeus
Who says you have to be scared to respect the power of a motorcycle?

The way I see it is some people just have more brains than others. Some people just don't belong a bike either.
He didn't say you gotta be scared to respect the power. read carefully!

'97 ITR
ARC Intake Chamber, Tein HA, DC 4-2-1, Apexi N1, RSM/G-sense
Sponsored Links
Advertisement