Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

slip on muffler?

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  AznAccord99 
#1 ·
what is the difference b/w a slip on muffler and regular one??

is a slip on muffler the same thing as a bolt on for cars??

Are they universal??

#2 ·
AznAccord99 said:
what is the difference b/w a slip on muffler and regular one??

is a slip on muffler the same thing as a bolt on for cars??

Are they universal??

a slip on muffler would be equivalent to a cat-back system.....a full system is a new header and muffler.......whta do you mean between a slip on muffler and a regular one?

#9 ·
i've only rode the 500 for about 2 months before i had to put it away for the summer..

still scares the sh*t out of me when i open up the throttle.. the only thing that appeals to me about the bigger bikes.. is they look cooler and sound better..

how much do you usally get for bikes if you trade it in?? just trying to figure out how feasible it would be for me to buy another bike... (if i were to... )

#10 ·
AznAccord99 said:
i've only rode the 500 for about 2 months before i had to put it away for the summer..

still scares the sh*t out of me when i open up the throttle.. the only thing that appeals to me about the bigger bikes.. is they look cooler and sound better..

how much do you usally get for bikes if you trade it in?? just trying to figure out how feasible it would be for me to buy another bike... (if i were to... )
for your bike you wouldnt get a WHOLE lot but you would get a nice down payment on a new 600 or 750, i would say that the 1000 would be out of your price/experience range, the F4i you should be able to get for 9600 AT THE MOST, out the door and if you pay 9600 that is pretty much full pop, and you and i both know that you never pay full pop

#11 ·
i'm gonna have to jump in and agree that its just not worth putting money into this bike... even more so being your first bike theres a good chance you will lay it down, and you wouldn't want to do that after putting a new exhaust on... really a full exhaust is a waste on anything but a 750-1000, anything less than that you just dont see hardly any improvement, if it was a 600 or something i'd say get a slip on just for the looks/sound but i had a friend with slip on's on his 500ex and it sounded really bad

#12 ·
Del La Sol said:
i'm gonna have to jump in and agree that its just not worth putting money into this bike... even more so being your first bike theres a good chance you will lay it down, and you wouldn't want to do that after putting a new exhaust on... really a full exhaust is a waste on anything but a 750-1000, anything less than that you just dont see hardly any improvement, if it was a 600 or something i'd say get a slip on just for the looks/sound but i had a friend with slip on's on his 500ex and it sounded really bad

yeah, i have only sold 1 full system for a 600, and that was a basically wholesale just to get it the hell out of the shop and there wasnt a HUGE improvement on the 600 (mind you i sold him the full system, a K&N and a power commander, it changed it but not gigantically) 750 is where the best place for full systems like you said, as for slip-ons for the 600's MICRON all the way, quality work and looks/sounds good as hell, cant go wrong with it! :nod:

#16 ·
Si2See said:
Hey I am just getting into bikes and trying to get one very soon but my question is why doesnt anyone like Vance and Hines slip on mufflers that is what I want especially if I do end up getting a cbr.
they haven't really been keeping up with the times, i see them all the time on old bikes or still selling for old bikes, but they just seem to be outdated and dont have much style... i like yoshimura myself, but hindle is great for the price as well as M4, and i know temp is gonna tell you to get the micron so i'll go ahead and say it for him

#17 ·
Del La Sol said:
they haven't really been keeping up with the times, i see them all the time on old bikes or still selling for old bikes, but they just seem to be outdated and dont have much style... i like yoshimura myself, but hindle is great for the price as well as M4, and i know temp is gonna tell you to get the micron so i'll go ahead and say it for him

hehehe took the words right outta my mouth, i like yosimura too, cant go wrong getting yoshi with suzuki, they do sponsor them :D

#18 ·
Yeah I mean I figured I would probably buy the yosh one but I mean Vance and hines isnt bad or anything right? I want a loud exhaust but I just want a slip on. Like I read earlier somewhere and I have heard it many of times the loud exhaust more or less can save your life cause if people dont hear you they probably wont see you thats my whole issue why I want something before I even put my bik on the street. And I believe my cousin had a Micron on his Ninga600rr when he had it last year. Sounded really good but wasnt loud enough with just a slip on will that be basically as loud as it will be?

#19 ·
Si2See said:
Yeah I mean I figured I would probably buy the yosh one but I mean Vance and hines isnt bad or anything right? I want a loud exhaust but I just want a slip on. Like I read earlier somewhere and I have heard it many of times the loud exhaust more or less can save your life cause if people dont hear you they probably wont see you thats my whole issue why I want something before I even put my bik on the street. And I believe my cousin had a Micron on his Ninga600rr when he had it last year. Sounded really good but wasnt loud enough with just a slip on will that be basically as loud as it will be?

vance and hines is better for cruisers then it is for sportbikes

#21 ·
Del La Sol said:
i agree with temp's above statement... if you want loud go with D&D... there was a recent study that showed a louder exhaust had no effect on accident rate, but there was some part of the study that made it kinda not trust worthy i can't remember what it was

friction zone did an article on this a while back.....noise does not save you, nor does it do anything for you but make noise......

#22 ·
Oh ok well I have just heard that somewhere and in my opinion it is just logical thinking really that if someone were in a suv say and they had there music fairly high on a saturday afternoon they probably wont be looking in all mirrors and doing everything to really see if a bike is behind them or beside or what have you but if your exhaust was loud they would hear you and recognize that you are there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.