92-95 JDM 1.6 SOHC VTEC D16Z6 (ZC)?? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 Honda Del Sol Si
Mods: automatic to a manual
rudedelsol93si is an unknown quantity at this point
92-95 JDM 1.6 SOHC VTEC D16Z6 (ZC)??

ZC 1.6 SOHC VTEC
1.6 SOHC VTEC Honda Motor. Direct from Japan. Includes engine and ECU (For 92-95 Civic/Del Sol. Direct bolt in, no motor mounts required. Also fits 96+ Civic with OBDII Adapter.

Just Re-State What Engine I am wanting information about.
http://www.ardperformance.com/cgi-bi...l?action=index

I was planning on purchasing a JDM D16 (ZC) motor to put in my 93 Si. but I had some question about the motor and swap, and was wondering if anyone out there owned this motor and how they felt about it.

First Question. OEM Gaskets for this motor? Do the USDM d16 gaskets suck as valve cover, head gasket fit?

What other differences besides the crank and pistons do these two motors have?

Direct drop in on my year and model?

And After market parts. Do i buy for D16 for the ZC VTEC?

Also I heard of a Factory Transmission that has a OEM LSD came in the VTI civic??? also the JDM ZC will the fuel injected clips snap into the 450CC mits injectors? i wanna go turbo later
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
guest is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't know there is a vtec zc. I guess that will work, but still isn't much faster than what you have.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1993 Honda Del Sol Si
Mods: automatic to a manual
rudedelsol93si is an unknown quantity at this point
to my knowledge the JDM d16 has stronger bottom end and the pistons have a slightly higher compression. but i dont know much about the motor so i started this thread
Old 01-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
TeamDragonSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
your taking out your z6 for zc??? I am not to sure I would agree with that.

BUt if you are set a zc there is a board ZCResource.com -- or something close to that. You could find all the info there pretty easy Im sure.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
guest is an unknown quantity at this point
it probably has a stronger bottom end. it's probably 10-20 hp more than a z6, that probably way to much. for the price you could build the motor now or save up for a b series.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
I will have to disagreewith the last statement. Keep your z6 and take the money that you are looking at spending on the zc and build your z6.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2006 wrx wagon
Mods:
gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?
Keep the z6 and build it...

Teal Civic Sold: 08/31/2006
Green Integra Wrecked: 07/13/2011
FOLD FOR SHO! TEAM 54075
folding@home
Old 01-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
like I said in your second post, I am confused as to why you want a zc swapped in to your car???
Old 02-21-2004, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1996 honda civic ex
Mods: AEM Short Ram Intake, Chikara Header, OBX cat back exhaust, Progress sport springs, & Tokico shocks.
jokenessmonster will become famous soon enough
the jdm d16z6 is referred to as a sohc zc.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car: 2006 wrx wagon
Mods:
gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?
Quote:
Originally posted by jokenessmonster
the jdm d16z6 is referred to as a sohc zc.
Oh yeah...

don't swap out a z6 for a z6.

The d16z6 IS the vtec ZC.

Teal Civic Sold: 08/31/2006
Green Integra Wrecked: 07/13/2011
FOLD FOR SHO! TEAM 54075
folding@home
Old 02-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 98 Civic DX hatch
Mods: JDM B16 w/lsd trans, GSR brakes,
klungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapy
Total waste of time and money to swap a 1.6-liter sohc vtec out so you can put another 1.6-liter sohc vtec...
Especially for a marginal hp gain due to compression increase, which you don't want anyways since you plan to go turbo. All the money you'd spend on this swap can go far towards getting your turbo kit, which will actually give you power you will notice, unlike the swap.

I personally question whether "ZC" is a proper term for this engine anyways. I know of at least 3 engines called the ZC, there's the dohc d-series, and 2 other sohc non-VTEC versions. I can't even remember that the JDM market offered a 1.6-liter sohc VTEC, the only JDM sohc vtec I've seen at legitimate shops is the D15B which was also OBD1. I'm pretty positive they didn't make a 1.5 liter VTEC and 1.6 liter VTEC during the same vintage with similar or same output. Doesn't make sense. I may recant this statement if someone can deliver a legitimate spec sheet for this alleged engine. "JDM" might be a bogus claim to attract people to thinking they're getting something special.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1993 civic si 3rd
Mods: to much to say and much more on the way
pinhead29 is on a distinguished road
I have a 1993 civic si and i want to know if the zc 1.6 vtec will fit in it. The engine is currently in a 1988 crx. will it bolt in with no problems? is it not worth even trying

thanks
Old 09-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1993 civic si 3rd
Mods: to much to say and much more on the way
pinhead29 is on a distinguished road
nevermind i found the answer my self it will not fit only 92-95 will fit difference is my car as a hydralic clutch and the other engine has a cable clutch (sorry for spelling)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement