b18b swap into 94 civic - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 Civic DX Hatchback, 93 Prelude Si
Mods: Civic: JDM 1.5L ZC SOHC Vtec swap, AEM Cold Air Intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic Header, Apexi WS-2 Catback Exhaust, VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk, Black 1-pc Projector Halo Headlights. Prelude: JDM H22a swap, Short Ram Air Intake...
LP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapy
b18b swap into 94 civic

Ok first of all, I apologize for the post.. I know the information is out there, but I have done some research, and I'm still confused about a couple of things...

I have a 94 Civic DX hatchback (D15b7 automatic) and I plan to swap in a b18b with an automatic transmission..

The engine/transmission I'm buying from
http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/prod...roducts_id=193
comes with:
-Complete motor
-Complete head
-Intake Manifold
-Distributor
-Starter
-Alternator
-Exhaust
-TB
-Fuel Rail
-Injectors
-All sensors
-Automatic Transmission

Should I buy a replacement distributor? I think I read somewhere that it's a good idea to do that... Also, I read that I need new axles, a PR4 (correct?) ECU, shift linkage, and half shaft... I've been trying to find these parts for b18b w/at and I can only find them for manual transmissions...... this is what I've come across so far, will any of these parts work for the automatic? and if not, what should I be looking for?

-Axles: http://hasport.com/shop/product_info...products_id=97

-Shift Linkage: http://hasport.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=53

-ECU: http://www.ecutuning.com/product_Hon...%20chip_7.html

-Half Shaft: http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=714

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!

[COLOR=Navy]1994 Honda Civic DX hatchback

"The side-view mirror on Chuck Norris's car says 'objects in mirror have been round-house kicked in the face'."

"Chuck Norris recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: EJ8 coupe
Mods: stickers to make it go faster
GSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whoreGSR_Daniel is a rep whore
Its actually fairly simple
Buy a manual.

230 whp @ 9psi

In contrast to owners/builders of traditional muscle and sports cars who seek to improve the performance of already potent platforms,
we welcome the challenge of making performers out of cars that were never intended to be such.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1992 civic vx hatch
Mods: d16z6 swap w/ bolt ons
92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere92civic_hatch In the rep troposphere
exactly what i was going to say. it is really worth it to learn how to drive with a clutch. you also loose 40 lbs in your tranny, parts are cheaper, and you'll feel more badass driving your manual than hearing your gears shift for you. get a 5 speed
Old 02-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 Civic DX Hatchback, 93 Prelude Si
Mods: Civic: JDM 1.5L ZC SOHC Vtec swap, AEM Cold Air Intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic Header, Apexi WS-2 Catback Exhaust, VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk, Black 1-pc Projector Halo Headlights. Prelude: JDM H22a swap, Short Ram Air Intake...
LP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapyLP2k9 needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92civic_hatch View Post
exactly what i was going to say. it is really worth it to learn how to drive with a clutch. you also loose 40 lbs in your tranny, parts are cheaper, and you'll feel more badass driving your manual than hearing your gears shift for you. get a 5 speed
haha no that's not the problem, my first car was a manual. they're easy to drive and i really do love driving with a clutch-- that's why i love NFS Pro Street lol. but i use my car for work and it makes my job a lot easier and safer with an automatic. also i don't think i can afford to convert it to manual :/

my d15 is pretty close to it's last mile.. so i have to get some engine/tranny work done pretty soon.. that's why i was swapping in a b18b. it has a little more power but it's still reliable and it fits in my budget haha. and if i get a new car for work later down the road i can still boost the b18.