Error code 43 ,Fuel supply system help? :( - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: Civic Hatchback 93 ESI
Mods: none yet , money needed :D
MaGeFa is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Error code 43 ,Fuel supply system help? :(

Hey guys , i have a 93 Civic ESI 1.6 HB
I have a ZC (1600cc) Engine,
for some reason , my Check Engine light goes on with this error
what can be the problem?

I put my car into a Garage , he checked everything ,
Replaced the fuel pump , Fuel Pressure regulator , and some sensor ...
and nothing changed!

Please help me , i'm desperate :\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
AlexEstrada is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Supply system

In my experience most times when a car comes in the shop with that code, what you said was replaced is the problem. The one thing that commonly does happen, is the tech forgot to clear the code and reset the system. Depending on the year you can either use a gen scan tool, or use a jumper wire and short out the terminals....that's actually what the manufac used to tell us to do...

If you reset it and the light still comes on....bring it to a shop, or autozone and have theme scan it again...see if you have any pending codes, or which CCM's are not completed.

Other than that, the only thing you can do is find someone with a scan tool, not a cheap one, but a good one and look over all the values. With the good scan tools, like MATCO's or Genesys, you can individually test injectors, fuel pump relays, the like.....

Is there a fuel filter on your car? a lot of kids nowadays put additional inline filters on their fuel lines.....check and make sure it isn't all clogged up.

Also a good trick to find out what type of combustion you have in each cyldiner, pop out one plug wire at a time and notice the difference...should there be no difference at all you have a problem in that cyldinder....depending on the miles I would look at your injectors and find out how carbon caked they are.....

Hope it helps...

Last edited by AlexEstrada; 08-23-2006 at 04:11 AM. Reason: mistyped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Hey , thnx for the replay ,

umm the thing is that i put my car in the garage because of the Check Engine.
Moreover , its no jsut the light , u can feel that somthing wrong while driving...

the mechanist checked all the things he could , as i said:
Replaced the fuel pump
Replaced the Fuel Regulator
Lambda sensor , Map sensor and some more...

i bought a new Fuel Filter , cause i thought its not good/dirty

i dont know what the problem can be...
what should i check to find where is the problem?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
AlexEstrada is an unknown quantity at this point
need more description

What exactly are the cars symptoms....?

Sluggish acceleration.....
simple lack of power
Stuttering acceleration,
shake or tremble at idle
irregular idle rpm
what's your gas mileage like? is it thirsty as hell or normal

Give me as much details and descrips as you can

Always a great idea to do a compression check and also do the spark check like I noted.

Also, what other services have you done to your car?

The more info I have the better the diagnosis will be
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 xcab/8ft bed
Mods: "Jensen" cd/dvd in dash flip up 7" tv monitor,2 "Pioneer" 6 1/2's in the front doors,2 "Kenwood" 6x9's in boxes in the back, 1 "JL" w6 12" sub, "Lanzar" 1000w amp, "Cherry Bomb" muffler dumped under the bed (no tail pipes) 5% tint in the back, and a toolbox and a bed cover.. plan on lowering 6-8" and gettin some wheels.. thats about it
97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about
one of the techs at my work was tellin me that being as gas tanks are pressureized, even the slightest of pinholes could set off the light no you might wanna take a good look at your whole fuel system and look for a teeny tiny little hole and try fixin it if you find one and thet could take care of the light but i donno about the other problem you stated...
97 HX coupe: traded for...
89 GTI: sold after buying...
89 MB 300E: traded for..
88 Isuzu p'up on bags traded for...
2002 Kawasaki Ninja zx6r
\/bought between Mercedes and Isuzu \/
96 Dodge Ram 1500still have it, drive it every day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by baktag17
+1 on the flat black, 5 cans of rustoleum semi-gloss black, an hour and a half, and a few cans of nattie light... and that's how i got my paint job!
^^^ sounds like a plan to me!!! flat black it is!!! ill make the dodge fb then!!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!integrawow Um, 1 million? Damn!
If you didn't change the fuel filter, please do.

Also, if the filter is good, you should be able to effortlessly blow throught the filter and gas should spray (not dripple or barely flowing, instead, it should spray a haze or cloud of fuel out of the filter when you effortlessly blow through it).

By the way, the chances of there for some reason being a pinhole in your gas tank are as good as me finding a billion dollar check in my mailbox.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 xcab/8ft bed
Mods: "Jensen" cd/dvd in dash flip up 7" tv monitor,2 "Pioneer" 6 1/2's in the front doors,2 "Kenwood" 6x9's in boxes in the back, 1 "JL" w6 12" sub, "Lanzar" 1000w amp, "Cherry Bomb" muffler dumped under the bed (no tail pipes) 5% tint in the back, and a toolbox and a bed cover.. plan on lowering 6-8" and gettin some wheels.. thats about it
97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about97civiccoupe has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by integrawow
If you didn't change the fuel filter, please do.

Also, if the filter is good, you should be able to effortlessly blow throught the filter and gas should spray (not dripple or barely flowing, instead, it should spray a haze or cloud of fuel out of the filter when you effortlessly blow through it).

By the way, the chances of there for some reason being a pinhole in your gas tank are as good as me finding a billion dollar check in my mailbox.
lol i know the chances are slim but it has happen lol, ani it dont have to BE a pin hole, i was just sayin that the sensors in there can DETECT a hole as small as a pinhole, it could be bigger than that lol
97 HX coupe: traded for...
89 GTI: sold after buying...
89 MB 300E: traded for..
88 Isuzu p'up on bags traded for...
2002 Kawasaki Ninja zx6r
\/bought between Mercedes and Isuzu \/
96 Dodge Ram 1500still have it, drive it every day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by baktag17
+1 on the flat black, 5 cans of rustoleum semi-gloss black, an hour and a half, and a few cans of nattie light... and that's how i got my paint job!
^^^ sounds like a plan to me!!! flat black it is!!! ill make the dodge fb then!!
Old 08-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEstrada
What exactly are the cars symptoms....?

Sluggish acceleration.....
simple lack of power
Stuttering acceleration,
shake or tremble at idle
irregular idle rpm
what's your gas mileage like? is it thirsty as hell or normal

Give me as much details and descrips as you can

Always a great idea to do a compression check and also do the spark check like I noted.

Also, what other services have you done to your car?

The more info I have the better the diagnosis will be
Unfortunately everything u mention is waht happens ,
my mileage is fine (thats a surprise.), i have a sharp smell of Gas in the car,
whats funny is that till around 4,000 rpm , the car is DEAD!
Stuttering acceleration,lack of power and Sluggish acceleration...
But it seam thats as i hit the VTEC range , the cars goes pretty good...

i put my car i nthe garge for 2 days , and he could not find the problem!
(as i said in my first post...)

I'm desperate and i dont know what can i do or try...

and BTW , THNX ALOT EVERY 1 FOR HELPING ME!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2011 Accord EX
Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
don't waste any more money!

i suggest you go to a honda dealer and buy an oem oxygen sensor. 95% of the time this code is due to a bad o2 sensor. aftermarket sensors just are
cut out to do the job like they should!

replace the o2 sensor and clear the code. you should be all set.

joe
Old 08-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondatechAV6
don't waste any more money!

i suggest you go to a honda dealer and buy an oem oxygen sensor. 95% of the time this code is due to a bad o2 sensor. aftermarket sensors just are
cut out to do the job like they should!

replace the o2 sensor and clear the code. you should be all set.

joe
u mean the Lambda sensor? the one on the manifold ?
Old 08-27-2006, 03:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
Lambda is the new age term for an air/fuel ratio sensor.

your car uses a standard old heated oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold.

i don't think the fuse is blown for the heater side of the o2 sensor because the same fuse powers your fuel injectors.

get yourself a nice shiny new honda heated o2 sensor and pop it in. to clear the computer pull this fuse for a decent length of time:

http://www.verzend.be/v/9150651/1_untitled.JPG.html

joe
Old 08-27-2006, 05:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondatechAV6
Lambda is the new age term for an air/fuel ratio sensor.

your car uses a standard old heated oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold.

i don't think the fuse is blown for the heater side of the o2 sensor because the same fuse powers your fuel injectors.

get yourself a nice shiny new honda heated o2 sensor and pop it in. to clear the computer pull this fuse for a decent length of time:

http://www.verzend.be/v/9150651/1_untitled.JPG.html

joe
when my car was in the Garage , he replaced my Lambda sensor , with an original S2000 one... and the car was still daed :\

should i go to Honda Garage and try gettign an original sensor for my car?
can it help?
if u think that the sensor is damaged or somthing , how can it be related to the "Fuel Supply System " error?
Old 08-27-2006, 05:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2003 Accord Ex Coupe
Mods: Huge wing, couple of kanooter valves and oh yes the whipple valve too! Super V-tak, gay stickers, parts that don't work, some mats like Strongman ftl
lowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapylowcivic66 needs rep therapy
If there were a problem with the gas tank the ecu would have thrown an evap code. Honda dealerships do a smoke test to find out if there is a leak. However evap codes a most commonly made from A. forgeting to tighten the gas cap, and B. filling the car while running. I haven't noticed any drivability problems in any honda from civic to odyssey with that code.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGeFa
when my car was in the Garage , he replaced my Lambda sensor , with an original S2000 one... and the car was still daed :\

should i go to Honda Garage and try gettign an original sensor for my car?
can it help?
if u think that the sensor is damaged or somthing , how can it be related to the "Fuel Supply System " error?
an s2000 uses a different sensor than a regular old heated o2 sensor.

a lambda sensor is a very precise measuring instrument, designed to give the ecm very sensitive data about the actual air/fuel ratio in the engine, not the content of oxygen in the exhaust stream.

using an s2000 sensor in 93 civic is a no no. get yourself an original honda 02 sensor designed for your car.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
the fuel supply code 43 is set and has 3 different diagnostic trees, two of which lead to replace o2 sensor.

at the dealer when a car comes in with a 43, it's an automatic start with heated o2 sensor. hook up the multimeter, run the engine at 3000 rpm, and watch the voltage. if it's switching between .1V - .9V too slowly, it's loosing it's touch. replace it. never use an o2 sensor not designed for your car, especially an OBDII lambda sensor in an OBDI engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement