Evo X vs 08 Si - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
adrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphere
Evo X vs 08 Si

My friend has a black 08 si and he was trying to get me to buy a honda But ive always wanted an evo, when the X came out I knew it was the car for me. I ended up with the evo x and its jaw dropping, he has a few mods and I can dust him with out even pushing it all the way, he says he should have gotten an evo also, anyways im probably gonna get b!tched at but who cares Evos are so much better then Si or regular civic period, not to mention everyone and their mom has a damn honda civic.

heres 2 pics of my x

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2003 Civic EX
Mods: K & N typhoon air intake, custom 2.25' exhaust, custom headers wrapped up... looking to turbo soon... with a write up!
poopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep tropospherepoopflingr1 In the rep troposphere
nice.

ya, they are pretty good, but HEAVY.

why did u get it? to street race? rally? auto-x?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
adrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphereadrian86 In the rep troposphere
it is heavy but iI dont feel it, Its my daily driver, I'll probably race/rally it abit but Ive always wanted an evo.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
trust me if the si had half of the suspension upgrades, structural reinforcement and driveline components of the evo 10 it'd be heavier too. but it doesn't hence why the si is a lame duck when compared to any evo
Old 06-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2002 Honda Civic
Mods: k&n drop-in, lowering springs, slow
HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!HonCiv02 Um, 1 million? Damn!
evo looks good. i like the wheels and the lip on the trunk instead of the spoiler. did you convert to a single exhaust? you should also post more pics.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
yes it has a paint job I wanted it to stand out even more.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1999 Honda Civic Si
Mods: Turbonator Performance / Performance stopping power/ Single prong platinum spark plugs/ Mature driver performance/
Psych Nah is on a distinguished road
Your post is like me saying...

The '08 GT-R is so much BETTER than the Evo X....

Nice car though.
1999 Honda Civic Si - DD
1989 Honda Civic Si Hatch - PROject
1988 Honda CRX DX - PROject #2

Old 06-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 07 STi
Mods: LOTS
J.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant futureJ.O.A.T has a brilliant future
The EVO X are ok. The 9 was the shit. BTW, dont brag too hard, will see what happens when it comes time to warranty that bitch.

M

07 STI UGM w/Gold Stage 2 w/HKS Carbon Ti (SOLD)
08 Toyota XRunner
07 Ducati 1098
90 325is (e30)
03 SRT4 (Sold I will truly miss her )
97 EK (Sold)
Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: bb6
Mods: ac, tint, viper 5901 with remote start, avic bt120z with ipod adapter.
tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?tienlude you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych Nah View Post
Your post is like me saying...

The '08 GT-R is so much BETTER than the Evo X....

Nice car though.
lmao..true...

car is beautiful...

h22a
370 injectors
aem fuel rail
fpr
aem wideband
crower stage II
hondata s300
lsd
skunk II IM
11-1 pistons
full tein adjustable coil overs
strut bar-rear-front
sway bars
im sure there is more...cant remember..
Old 06-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1999 Honda Civic LX
Mods: Dented fenders and scuffed up bumpers
mrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these partsmrdark is infamous around these parts
Well considering that the EVOs were born to shred competition on dirt roads, when put on a normal track, where it has 75% more traction, it'll eat up any of our cars. IMO, i dont care who is faster, SI, EVO, or the GTR, they're all sexy and well kill my car any day.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: MazdaSpeed Protege
Mods: fuggin' your mom.
Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?
Apples to oranges, bud.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

O-tay. Sleeper Civic 2.0 under construction

Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 94 Honda Accord
Mods: Custom rusted exhaust, missing radio, steelies, LED lights so I can see my gauges, god I missed Hondas
mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?
WTF why post it twice
Evo X vs 08 Si
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current 94 accord (family car)
current project 93 probe

No, I can afford a newer car. I'm just stuck in the 90s
Old 06-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 98 Civic DX hatch
Mods: JDM B16 w/lsd trans, GSR brakes,
klungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapyklungemonger needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha907 View Post
WTF why post it twice
Evo X vs 08 Si
To ensure he gets all the exposure he craves. Proof that simply getting something awesome that you really desired isn't entirely satisfying unless it also garners you the approval of some crowd of strangers.

If you have $30K+ to drop on a sports car, there's no reason a Civic should even be on the list of things to consider. Of course it can't hang, it costs 35% less and is a a spruced-up version of an economy car, not a purpose-built race machine like an EVO. As owners of lowly Civics, we realize there are few comparisons to be made.

So then joining a Civic forum (when you don't own one & don't intend to) for the purpose of saying how much better your car is says 2 things:
1. First one we already knew - stock EVO is better than Civic.
2. You may have some insecurity that a car can't fix.

Until you work that out though, the best we can do for you is prop you up by saying it's a beautiful car, probably any of us would take one if we could afford it. Congrats!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 04honda civic dx
Mods: who mods a DX??
cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?cam043 you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha907 View Post
WTF why post it twice
Evo X vs 08 Si
THAT'S IT!!! i thought i was goin crazy cuz in the other thread he didnt post the 2 extra pics and er'time i pulled up tha other one i always asked myself where the other 2 pics at???...im glad i kno tha truth lol
Old 06-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 2000 Honda Civic
Mods: AEM CAI, DC Sports 4-1 header, 5zigen Exhaust
igx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problemigx710 has a Rep problem
with gas prices these days......i might of just chosen the civic....

haha jk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement