Front headlights not bright enough - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Mods: Front Mesh Type-R Grill, Red AEM Short RAM Intake and more to come
Hondaisdabeast is on a distinguished road
Front headlights not bright enough

Driving at night I don't think the front headlights are bright enough (as the title emplies). I want it to be just a little bit brighter. Now do not post comments saying that maybe I have the parking lights on cuz I do not have those on at night when I drive. Also their is a brightness thing near the cruise control button its on the highest setting for the brightness (but thats for the gauges).

Now without going out and buying fucken expensive bulbs or 20$ bulbs what should i do. Is their a (basic bulb) which gives more light for cheap? I work in a Hardware store and we have a small auto section in which their are like a couple different bulbs which i dunno what they are (basic stuff). What # bulb should i look for?

Searched no results on this topic. Only results was in regards to buying types of headlights. I will be keeping these headlights and making black housing in the future.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 1998 Civic LX
Mods: Cosmetic
brady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep troposphere
You didn't find anything in search? Wow.

Sylvania Silverstar Headlight bulbs
My lights are too DIM!!!!!!!
What headlight bulbs?

That barely scratches the surface...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 1993 Civic ex
Mods: Matrix CAI,Chikara header 4-2-1,Tcc works short throw shifter,Skunk 2 Intake Manifold,Accel plug wires,15" Motegi wheels, 2.5" custom catback,jdm side markers,oem front lip,foglights
badhonda2 is just really nicebadhonda2 is just really nicebadhonda2 is just really nicebadhonda2 is just really nicebadhonda2 is just really nice
20 bucks are the cheap ones. Id say get some silverstars

'93 Civic EX
Brad
Old 10-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady33
You didn't find anything in search? Wow.

Sylvania Silverstar Headlight bulbs
My lights are too DIM!!!!!!!
What headlight bulbs?

That barely scratches the surface...
Hmm i see maybe I didnt search hard/carefull enough srry
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

brady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep tropospherebrady33 In the rep troposphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaisdabeast
Hmm i see maybe I didnt search hard/carefull enough srry
No problem. Sometimes it's as simple as changing the wording in the search. It's on a long list of "lessons learned while searching."

Good luck on the selection!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
No problem. Sometimes it's as simple as changing the wording in the search. It's on a long list of "lessons learned while searching."

Good luck on the selection!
thx bro. So I can't use the other "basic" bulbs we sell at the hardware stores auto section.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
thx bro. So I can't use the other "basic" bulbs we sell at the hardware stores auto section.
Well, you CAN use them but I doubt you're going to notice much of a difference unless your bulbs are extremely old and worn. To be perfectly honest, follow this guideline:

Good: Stock headlamp bulb replacement >$10
Better: Upgraded bulb (Silverstar, etc...) $20-$40ish if you shop
Betterer: HID plug and play kit with glare shields $350-$500
Best: HID projector retrofit $500 +
Ultimate: Drive during the day $Priceless
Old 10-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 2008 Civic Si
Mods: Stock
98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad98civcEK is sad...just sad
you know what the simplest soultion to this would be.... buy higher wattage bulbs. thats all you need.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98civcEK
you know what the simplest soultion to this would be.... buy higher wattage bulbs. thats all you need.
Higher wattage bulbs are brighter but are potentially dangerous for the wiring. I know several people have had no problems using a higher wattage bulb, but Hondaisdabeast would be the first person to have his harness melt if we advised him otherwise.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98civcEK
Whats the Max wattage bulbs i can use if i just get a higher wattage one? (without getting a wire harness-using what i have-whats their stock)
Old 10-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
Whats the Max wattage bulbs i can use if i just get a higher wattage one? (without getting a wire harness-using what i have-whats their stock)

Well that's the issue. I've seen a lot of 80W low/100W high or 180/120s for aftermarket bulbs. I think that our stock lights run around 55/65. I've never seen anything inbetween. My friend had his wiring melt using 80/100s. He drove at night quite a bit, so that might explain why he saw his harness melt so quickly.

I'd stick with something as close to stock as you can for safety's sake. I personally don't trust higher wattage bulbs unless you get a better harness. And at that point, you're spending more for hardware to get only marginally better lighting.

I guess I should pose this question: what about your lighting is bothering you the most? Brightness on the road within your headlamps' light pattern, or the "distance" the lights will illuminate?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 EJ8 / 06 DC5-S
Mods:
.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!.TheCriMson[K20] Bow down before me!
you should just blow a couple hundred on some HID's.. Im planning on it soon. Its gonna be hardcore.

A priest is rushing to my side.. Begins to read me my last rights
Father you're too late, my faith is weak.. So won't you save your half-hearted speech

A man bends down and says,
"Son we're gonna get through this one take my hand and let us pray."
I scream, "Please get the fuck away."

Old 10-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnBoostD16
you should just blow a couple hundred on some HID's.. Im planning on it soon. Its gonna be hardcore.
That's what I did too. It's truely the only way to significantly change the way your headlights perform.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
That's what I did too. It's truely the only way to significantly change the way your headlights perform.

a couple hundred fuck dat u can get a whole new set of headlights for that much
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Quote:
a couple hundred fuck dat u can get a whole new set of headlights for that much
That brings me back to my question to you: Are you disappointed with the quality of light on the road, or the distance they shine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement