Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Headlight Help! Factory to HID?

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  daveb91 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2000 Civic EX, and my factory lights are very hazy and I'm getting sick of fixing it with a chemical cleaner every few months. On top of that, I really want to upgrade to something brighter anyways as I've never been satisfied with the factory lights since I bought the car new 14 years ago...

So I need to replace the headlight housing as it's foggy and hazy as hell. I also want HID lights. What do I do? Get new OEM Honda headlight housing and put the HID kit in there? Would it be better to use some other headlight housing and put HIDs in that? Is that what is called "retrofitting?" If so, how is that different than a "conversion?" Totally confused, and the different articles are further confusing me lol.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Ah ok, thank you for the info, that's the clearest information I've gotten so far! I guess the main reason why some folks choose the conversion versus retrofitting HID housing is cost?

So retrofitting is putting in HID housing into my stock civic housing from another car? Is that something I can do or a local shop, or do I have to special order this somehow? Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.