How do I tell if my car has ABS or not? - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2002, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
I thought that ABS was only available on the 4dr EX models? At least this was the case with the 6th gens... Was it different with the 5th gens?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2002, 04:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 04 Accord EXV6 & 10 CR-V EX-L
Mods: K&N Drop Ins
kcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these parts
I'm pretty sure it was only the 4DR models that could have ABS.
- Totally stock except for K&N Drop In
Member since September 2000
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-2002, 07:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2000 Turbo Civic Si
Mods: Too much shit to list. I'm faster than you. That is all.
Biff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problemBiff has a Rep problem
You can also look under the hood to find out whether or not you have the ABS pump. It's located near the firewall, to right of the battery, but lower down. It has all the brake lines leading out of it.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 94 Civic EX
Mods: JDM B16A2, DC Sports cat-back, AEM Short-ram, EBC Slotted Rotors & Green Stuff, Random Tech Cat., DriverShaftShop.Com Stage 1 axels
bwroblew is an unknown quantity at this point
I beleive the 94-95 EX coupes could have ABS as an option, as my 94 EX coupe has ABS.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Civic EX
Mods: An intake! Vroom Vroom listen to my SOHC go!
94EXCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
My 94 EX coupe has ABS also....mmmm stoppage.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

kcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these partskcallahan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by 94EXCivic
My 94 EX coupe has ABS also....mmmm stoppage.
Is that Auto or Stick? I assume it's an automatic.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Civic EX
Mods: An intake! Vroom Vroom listen to my SOHC go!
94EXCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
5 speed my friend....mmmm shiftage

Never assume buddy, it makes an ass outta you and uhhh....you
Old 05-14-2002, 04:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

That's true. It's strange that I couldn't get my EX Coupe with ABS. It wasn't available except in the 4dr auto. Oh well - live and learn.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Mods: Sony Xplod MEX-5DI | Pioneer 6½" TS-A1667 all around | Rockford Fosgate Punch 360.2 mono amp | Rockford Fosgate Punch 500x 4-channel amp | Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" HE² in a ported Q box | Clear corners w/ blue lights | EBC "Greenstuf
151 Proof is an unknown quantity at this point
I went to Honda today and had a look on their computer and it seems that there was a 95 EX Coupe with ABS, reason why I was asking was because I got my EBC rotors yesterday and thought that the rotors for the front might have been different between the ABS models and the non-ABS models but it's the same part. The rear brakes are a different story though...

Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have my EBC shit installed, soon as I find the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement