Mini- Me Quarter mile times... - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2003, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: Honda Civic
Mods:
charmer_sfh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mini- Me Quarter mile times...

Anyone been to the track with your mini-me setup? I want to know if it's worth the work to swap a vtec head or just throw in a d16vtec motor in..

TOny
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2003, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
guest is an unknown quantity at this point
i haven't done a mini-me swap, but from what i've read it get's good hp gains. it's also alot easier than a complete vtec motor swap. if the only thing wrong with your si is that it dosen't have vtec. From what i've read wiring is the easiest, of any swap.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Mods:
So everyone comes in here talkin big stuff about the mini me setup being the shi7 and no one has a timeslip to prove it. ....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
I haven't seen anyone claiming that it was the *poop*. Mini-Me is a good inexpensive way to get a good power bump out of a non-vtec engine. Depending on what head/block combo you have, it can also add a rather substantial bump in compression.

as for whether or not it is worth the effort... that really depends on which engine you currently have. Also if you are doing a mini-me, then I assume that you have a non-vtec motor. You would also want a tranny that came with a vtec motor as well (z6/y8). They have much better gearing than any of the other d-series trannies.

If you were to do a mini-me with an aftermarket cam and the z6/y8 tranny, then I think that you would be quite pleased with the outcome.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
soccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
believe me, when i get my mini-me done and broken in, i will get times and post them immediately

but then again, i'm doing a bit more than just your basic mini-me...

1997 Civic LX <----- Financial Aid Whore
Mods: slow
Old 11-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1996 Civic DX, D16 Y-7
Mods: SOHC
infinatenexus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by soccaian
believe me, when i get my mini-me done and broken in, i will get times and post them immediately

but then again, i'm doing a bit more than just your basic mini-me...
Shhh.. don't give away the plan
Old 11-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
soccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriendsoccaian Needs a boyfriend/girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by infinatenexus
Shhh.. don't give away the plan
i know, i know... i divulged no secrets...

1997 Civic LX <----- Financial Aid Whore
Mods: slow
Old 11-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1996 Civic DX, D16 Y-7
Mods: SOHC
infinatenexus is an unknown quantity at this point
lol
Old 11-26-2003, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Silver

Mods:
anyone??
Old 11-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1993 EH9 w/ D15b
Mods: Stock
40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile40_Below Needs to go outside once in awhile
I don't have any timeslips....

When I put a 98 Y8 Head on my 96 D16y7, there was a noticeable gain in power. Im not talking about a HUGE difference, but it was "noticeable" Throttle response was better for sure.
With and without VTEC hooked up.
I got the whole Y8 engine for $50, with a bad bottom end.
It's worth the time and effort, (took about an hour)
Old 12-03-2003, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
guest is an unknown quantity at this point
evolution what did you use to hook up vtec?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
9d1civhtch is an unknown quantity at this point
asking 1/4 mile time slips is like asking us how fast tim ferell would run 100 yards on a 60 degree sunday morning with subuaru nikes on. there are alot of variables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement