Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Need help, car wont start.

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  George1 
#1 ·
I recently received a 92 hatch with a b16a3 swap. The car wont start, I have spent about two weeks researching and messing with it and I can't figure out why. When I turn it over it cranks but does not actually fire or start. The cam gears turn, the fuel pump runs, already the electrical components run. It cannot be push started but I had the starter checked anyway, it is good and getting 11.5 volts from the battery. I tried tried a brand new distributor and no change. I pull a plug and crank the car, I am getting a bright white spark every half second, The same color and frequency as a known good b series engine. I swapped the main relay, plugs, wires, and all relevant fuses and relays with the same known good b series (my dd), no change. I believe it is getting fuel because I can hear the pump and the plugs are wet when I remove them. I assume it has air because the throttle body opens and closes. I checked the three main engine grounds, off the valve cover, the thermostat housing, and down by the tranny, they all appear to be fine. It is really confusing me that it appears to have fuel and spark yet won't chug or cough or anything, I am about ready to throw in the towel and have a shop take a look but that would be giving up and that's not what I do. If anyone has any suggestions of things for me to try I would greatly appreciate it, this thing is driving me crazy.

It's a b16a3 swapped into a 92 civic hatch, has a greddy turbo and all the usual mods done as well. I would awfully like to drive it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.