P1337 (54) engine code - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2004, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1997 Civic EX Coupe
Mods: true cold air intake (AEM KNock off), AEM bypass valve, 35% smoked window tint, black housing headlights, 99 tail lights, custom made front grille, reverse indiglo gauges, 99-01 GSR "Swirlies"
silv97cvc is an unknown quantity at this point
P1337 (54) engine code

My Fiance's civic is throwing a P1337 (54) OBD II code. The book I have says something about engine Crankshaft speed sensor no signal. What could cause this. Is this simply a wire that has come loose, or a sensor that has gone bad or what. The car has 87,000 miles on it. One thing I know that needs to be done is a the valves need to be adjusted as I don't think it has ever been done. Would this cause the above mentioned code?

Thanks,
Kevin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2004, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
sureal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
im not to sure about obd-ll but i would guess that you have a defective sensor or it has come unpluged.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1997 Civic EX Coupe
Mods: true cold air intake (AEM KNock off), AEM bypass valve, 35% smoked window tint, black housing headlights, 99 tail lights, custom made front grille, reverse indiglo gauges, 99-01 GSR "Swirlies"
silv97cvc is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone know where this sensor is located at?

Thanks,
Kevin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
therazor421 is an unknown quantity at this point
CSF

I Believe it's by the CKP. Unfortunately it's under the harmonic balancer. The harness and wire are located to the right of the valvehead cover. Above the alternator. Check to see if the alternator belt is cutting through the wire insulation. That's what happened to mine. I just needed to solder the wires back and it runs fine now. Also check the timing. Best...
Old 07-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2011 Accord EX
Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
i agree with therazor421. the only times i've had this code is after someone has done a timing belt and left the wire unsecured at the lower timing cover.
it is possible the sensor is bad, the connector is loose or rodent damage is present.
the connector is here:

if you haven't done your timing belt now is the time(i'm assuming this is your 97 civic ex?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement