tach signal wire??? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2004, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Mods: Mugen shift boot, knob, pedals, and short shifter. 5 inch Tach with two shift lights. Magnaflow cat back exaust, and a DAD frontmount intake, GSR chrome rims with Falken Azenis rubber, full NGK tune up, rebuilt 93 Si tranny with LSD from a ZC
fastdx87 is an unknown quantity at this point
tech wrench tach signal wire???

i just got a tach and i have everything hooked up except the tach signal wire. i have a 95 civic DX with a D15B7. i know the tach signal wire hooks up to the distributor but there are like 5 or six wires on my distributor. anyone who knows what wire to hook the tach signal wire to please help me!!!!!

thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2004, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Civic
Mods: header, exhaust, intake, D16a6 Camshaft, 1 piece headlights w/black housing
GroundAssault is an unknown quantity at this point
i connected my tach pickup to the back of my guage cluster to the main wire harness it is the blue wire.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-26-2004, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
EGg
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
EGg is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah need to know too...

there is too many wires on the plugs at the distributor, I would like to know which wire to connect to the the green wire coming out of the shift light.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 2000 Civic Hatch
Mods: Y7 block, AEBS Tsleeve 78 mm. 9.0:1 JE pistons Pauter Xbeams, ARP head studs, P&p Y8 head crane cam, AEM cam gear apexi N1 exhaust nology hotwires iceman CAI and a P28 ECU, KYB AGX shocks, eibach springs, brembo front disk and Genuine honda pads
Bukakke_ek9 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt tap in right off the dizzy.... do like groundassault said its the solid blue wire, im not to familiar with your cars harness's, but if not get a manual and look up your wireing schematics and hunt down the tach signal from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement