Transmission fluid type??? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1998 White Civic EX Coupe
Mods: 17" GM TenzoR P-5, 205/40ZR17 YokoParada Spec-2, Tein Full Coilovers, PIAA headlights, Custom whited-out blinkers, 99-00 Tails, color-matched sideskirts, SRI, 99-00 FE conversion in process...
ghost is on a distinguished road
Transmission fluid type???

o.k. so i've been looking all over the net for what type of transmission fluid goes into my civic and i can't find it anywhere.
i've done a search on here also, but found no specific type that i need...?

i have:

98 Civic EX Coupe Automatic Transmission

PLEASE help

ghost
Poolhall Junkie #1

Alyssa Milano = #1
"To the heart and mind, ignorance is kind..."

My DVD List.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2004, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
honda atf...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
jon

Car: 2007 f150 xlt lariat
Mods: Toolbox
jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
honda atf...
word
Old 09-06-2004, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35S and 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport
Mods: Taillight Overlays and Magnaflow Exhaust
NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFK_SI_EG
word
i usually just dump in regular chevron atf from my place but what color is honda atf? same red stuff as most cars? but i would use honda atf in my own car

Old 09-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: '95 Civic (getting from my uncle)
Mods:
Civic_dust has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If i were you, i'd probably try and find a synthetic brand transmission fluid, I find it's better on the car.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
jon

jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianpride559
i usually just dump in regular chevron atf from my place but what color is honda atf? same red stuff as most cars? but i would use honda atf in my own car
the honda atf is red. but at the honda shop i was working at, we didnt put that in the manual trannys. we has some special honda mtf that was the color of regular gear oil.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?NationsMostWanted you're still here?
Quote:
the honda atf is red. but at the honda shop i was working at, we didnt put that in the manual trannys. we has some special honda mtf that was the color of regular gear oil.
yea for most auto cars we use normal red ATF. but for manuals we try to use gear oil unless something else is recommended

Old 09-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
jon

Quote:
yea for most auto cars we use normal red ATF. but for manuals we try to use gear oil unless something else is recommended
yeah, i was saying that cause i remember when i worked at jiffy lube, for all the honda manuals, they still used honda atf.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah, i was saying that cause i remember when i worked at jiffy lube, for all the honda manuals, they still used honda atf.
for hondas manual i usually order honda MTF.unless the customers a cheapskate or a dick i give them 10/30

Old 09-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
jon

Quote:
for hondas manual i usually order honda MTF.unless the customers a cheapskate or a dick i give them 10/30
haa haa, fuck those fuckers
Old 09-09-2004, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
haa haa, fuck those fuckers
i just did a radiator on a 93 nissan sentra 1.6 on tues. she calls today (thurs) and says its leaking coolant...red coolant. i told her its tranny fluid and she said i made her tranny leak fluid between the block and the tranny when i did the radiator i cant stand some customers

Old 09-20-2004, 07:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 1997 Civic JDM B16a
Mods: H&R Springs, Short Shifter, CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Iridium Plugs, NGK Wires, GSR Computer, Wheels, Power-adding Blue Engine Paint
JDMikey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i just did a radiator on a 93 nissan sentra 1.6 on tues. she calls today (thurs) and says its leaking coolant...red coolant. i told her its tranny fluid and she said i made her tranny leak fluid between the block and the tranny when i did the radiator i cant stand some customers
Are you sure you weren't tryin to cool her car with tranny oil? I hear it's sooo JDM to do that...

Old 09-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
jon

are u sure that u tightend the lines from the tranny to the radiator, if u didnt it will leak. it will have that if it is an auto
Old 09-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: Beyonz
Mods: Porsche air filter
90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!
well what about that syncromesh stuff GM sells? i think im gonna try it since i hear such good things about it
Old 09-20-2004, 02:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 1995 honda civic hatchback
Mods: Swapped B18C, intake,full bolt on hayame exhaust,lowered on tokico blue shocks with maxspeed coilovers, with mugen rims, more mods to come
93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do93h22ajspec Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Si
well what about that syncromesh stuff GM sells? i think im gonna try it since i hear such good things about it
yeah i hear it is good and it is ok on manual to use 10/30 that all it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement