Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

CAR WON'T START PLEASE HELP!

834 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  90GS 
#1 ·
I have a 94 Acura Integra RS, non vtec, manual.

The problem I am having is that my car won't start. When I turn the key in the ignition by car won't even crank. I've visually checked my fuses, all appears good. I am able to turn my radio on full blast and my high beams look perfect. I've installed a new starter, but I'm still having the same problem and my car still won't crank. I think it may be a problem with my ignition switch. Does anyone have any ideas or better yet, know how to to check the ignition switch for continuity.

Plus when I installed my starter, I screwed in the two thick bolts, and the two long screws. On the starter solenoid there are two places to attach cables. A cable from the positive battery cable is screwed unto the solenoid by a bolt. The second hole on the starter solenoid is where another cable just plugs right in. Somewhere the female hole on the starter solenoid doesn't look right. I'm thinking I got a an automatic starter. But what is the difference and how can I tell?

Thanks!!!!!

#5 ·
double check on that starter motor and make sure everything is good.

next step would be to take off the plastic under the steering wheel and then the plastic on the steering column. It might seem hard but it's only about 15 bolts total before everything is off. Check the ignition wiring. When I checked mine (wiring in an S2000 starter) I had about 3 pieces of wire hand-tied together for the actual start wire. I think they put in starter killers at the dealership and then hastily pull them out after the car sells.

#8 ·
do this, take a pair of jumper cables and hook the black terminal to the negative on the battery. take the other side of the black cable and hook it to your engine directly and see if the car starts, if it does then you have a bad ground, you would them simply make a new wire that will connect from the negative of the battery to the starter and your problem will be solved.

however lets start at the beginning, what happened b4 your car wouldnt start, did you replace anything or do anything to your ride before this started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.