Car wont stay running!?! - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 95 Civic
Mods: gsr swap, eagle rods, arias pistons, JR supercharger
gsrhtch is on a distinguished road
Car wont stay running!?!

I have a basemodel 95 Civic with a grs swap and a jackson racing sc. I was driving it the other day, parked it for about an hour, tried to crank it again and it wont stay running. It will try crank up and run but it immediatly dies. All the lights work, fuel pump is priming, relay is clicking.... Im lost and dont know what to ty next. Ive went through all the fuses under the dash and none are blown.
The other part is wierd so Im going to try to describe it the best way I can. On the ignition, when I turn the key it has to be positioned between acc and on. I literally have to hold the key right before the on switch for the fuel pump to prime. Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
if yoo\u hold the ignition switch forward slightlky after starting the car as you described in your previous post, will the car stay running?

If not id check for vacuum leaks. If there are none id check fuel pressure

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

In order for it to stay runnning I have to keep holding the key and give it gas
Old 01-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Does anybody think it could be a bad ignition switch?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
if it was ignition, there would be a lot of unburnt fuel, which would stink.

I'm betting its starved for fuel, pull your spark plugs and have a look at them to see if they are fouled up just to make sure its not them.

currently down.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1995 Accord EX SDN, 1994 Acura Integra CPE
Mods: Accord: (Intake, Soundsystem, Power Outlet, VTAK Indicator) Integra: (Stock)
InfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problem
Yes it is your ignition switch.
Ignition, meaning, the thing you put your key in. Not what makes spark in the engine.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousSabre View Post
Yes it is your ignition switch.
Ignition, meaning, the thing you put your key in. Not what makes spark in the engine.
I dunno if its just his ignition because he said this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrhtch View Post
In order for it to stay runnning I have to keep holding the key and give it gas

The having to give it gas reminds me of a vacuum leak somewhere, and the problem staying running after turning the engine over is the ignition switch(we had one go bad at work on the fork lift.)

It may be both.

currently down.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

im going to mess with it some more and let you guys know what happens. This gives me a reason to drive the Nissan Silvia around
Old 01-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1995 Accord EX SDN, 1994 Acura Integra CPE
Mods: Accord: (Intake, Soundsystem, Power Outlet, VTAK Indicator) Integra: (Stock)
InfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problemInfamousSabre has a Rep problem
You have a silvia and youre bothering with a honda that is giving u issues?
Maybe ill get flamed for this on a honda forum, but, i would just get rid of the honda.
<3 the silvia, and looking at a 300zxTT right now

yea i didnt read the holding the gas part, but hey! At least he could get from stoplight to stoplight! xD
Old 01-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Yeah I know. But I love my Honda too. I can drive this car around all day, beat up on v8s, and drive it back home without a problem. This car has been built this way for over a year now and this is the only problem it has given me.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 94 Accord EX
Mods: Megan catback Konig 17", cold air intake, JDM headlights, Function Form Type Two Coils, H22A4 conversion, High flow cat
Archadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peonsArchadian Hello down there miniscule peons
reading the part about the gas, i could agree that it could be a vaccum or fuel pressure problem, but the holding ignition hmm, that couldnt hurt to be looked at either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement