It cranks but no sparks - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
808Integ is infamous around these parts808Integ is infamous around these parts
It cranks but no sparks

Hi guys, I have a problem that I know people here can help me out. First of all I have a 2000 LS and I just recent got the head replaced, after installing the new head and all the seals I crank up the car and in just one try the engine runs but kinda rough, then I decided to unplug one of my spark plug wires to check if I'm getting good sparks but as soon as I unplug it the engine died out and I try to start it but it's not starting. The engine cranks and getting fuel but I'm getting no sparks. I went ahead and change the whole distributor with no good result, today I just change my crank sensor and still not getting no sparks. Now my question is, what else can I check, I already check the timing belt and everything is good and in line. Please I really need help on this, I've been taking cab for work and it surely sucks and eating up my check. Any help would be really appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
DeCePtEgRa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Integ View Post
Hi guys, I have a problem that I know people here can help me out. First of all I have a 2000 LS and I just recent got the head replaced, after installing the new head and all the seals I crank up the car and in just one try the engine runs but kinda rough, then I decided to unplug one of my spark plug wires to check if I'm getting good sparks but as soon as I unplug it the engine died out and I try to start it but it's not starting. The engine cranks and getting fuel but I'm getting no sparks. I went ahead and change the whole distributor with no good result, today I just change my crank sensor and still not getting no sparks. Now my question is, what else can I check, I already check the timing belt and everything is good and in line. Please I really need help on this, I've been taking cab for work and it surely sucks and eating up my check. Any help would be really appreciated.
How is the cap and rotor in the distributor? How old is the wires? Was the "new" distributor new, used, reman?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
xBoostx is on a distinguished road
Check that the engine timing is correct. Make sure your grounds are connected. Make sure that when you installed the distributor the its firing in the right order. Check your battery and alternator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement