CYP SENSOR, HELP - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: GSR
Mods:
RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!RtypeAlpha Um, 1 million? Damn!
CYP SENSOR, HELP

My check-engine light came on, so I checked it out, and its throwin code 9 (CYP SENSOR defective/unplugged -has to do with a cylinder sensor). Anyone know what this is? I've been looking it up, and I can't really find anything on it~

(yea i posted this twice, here and the troubleshooting forum; don't bother telling me that k?)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2004, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 2006 Honda Civic SI
Mods: DC Sport Race Headers, Megan Mid Pipe, Tanabe Exhaust, Injen CAI, 17" Enkei Wheels
Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?Dang Civic What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RtypeAlpha
My check-engine light came on, so I checked it out, and its throwin code 9 (CYP SENSOR defective/unplugged -has to do with a cylinder sensor). Anyone know what this is? I've been looking it up, and I can't really find anything on it~

(yea i posted this twice, here and the troubleshooting forum; don't bother telling me that k?)
P1381 Cylinder Position (CYP) Sensor Intermittent Interruption
P1382 Cylinder Position (CYP) Sensor No Signal
As for as diagnoising it, im not shure or how to fix it. Sounds like u need to replace it. Ill try to look it up on the computer at school but depends if i remember to or not.

92 Integra Ls ...My current Project...so far...

Cross Drilled Rotors, Xenon bulbs and smoke gray turn lamps and amber corner lamps. Ebay short shifter lol.
Future mods....thinking turbo......and a paint job...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
hcpbiker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool cyp sensor

Quote:

( yeah change your distributor (dizzy) sometimes its your timing its off... (or your toter and cap on the distributor...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 93 ford taurus (sold)/ 88 chevy beretta/ 94 civic cx
Mods: 95 d16z6 swap, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, Venom Control Module, Chipped ECU, 50 Shot....Turbo'd soon...
ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869 ginyu6869
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcpbiker1
( yeah change your distributor (dizzy) sometimes its your timing its off... (or your toter and cap on the distributor...

... That sensor is on your distributor... Changing your distributor should take care of that problem...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
hcpbiker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool code 9

Quote:

yeah change your distibutor and it will fix all of your problems... your friend hcpbiker1@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement